Post Exercise Fatigue - Next Day

Options
Is it normal to feel extremely fatique the next day after a workout. I thought by dieting and exercising we're suppose to feel better. I just notice that when I do cardio and weight training on Mondays - I'm DONE the next day or two. Not sure if it's my diet (removed all flour and sugar) or if I need to cut back on gym. All Classes are done by Les Mills.

Monday - Body Combat(Kickboxing) and Muscle Pump
Tuesday - Body Attack (Sports Training)
Wednesday - Body Combat (Kickboxing)
Thursday - Muscle Pump
Friday - Zumba
Saturday - Muscle Pump
Sunday - Muscle Pump

All classes are 60 min each. I also have noticed that I'm urinating ALOT! I know I've increased my water intake and green tea, so not sure if that's a sign of me losing weight or not.

Any advice is greatly appreciate it. As far as my calorie intake it fluctuates from 900-1200 per day. I eat a well balanced diet. I weight and measure my foods and eat mainly veggies and lean meats. I eat a serving of fruit, and that's normally in the morning.

Thanks,
Mel

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    this would be because you're not eating enough and your body is eating muscles
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    If you only eat 900 and exercise hard for an hour (burn around 600) then you are asking your body to essentially function on 300 calories a day. That isn't even enough to properly fuel brain function much less muscle function. So, you are going to feel perpetually tired unless you eat more.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Several thoughts:

60 minutes every day - unless you're a pretty fit and active person normally - might be overdoing it. I know a lot of fairly ripped guys and girls and even they take recuperation days off between workouts.

If you've suddenly cut carbs, the effect may be from that. I'd recommend making sure you're eating a good meal soon after your workouts with complex carbs and protein. Your body needs that fuel to replenish.

Are you eating enough? Are you eating your exercise burn back?

If you're peeing a lot then consider getting checked for diabetes. It's probably just your increased fluid intake but it's worth making sure. The main symptom of high blood sugar is extreme fatigue.
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I need to visit a nutritionist. I only eat 3 meals a day. Nothing in between. I'm on a very tight eating plan. However, I need to see what foods are higher calorie densed, etc.
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    Your calorie intake is to low. Find out what your BMR and TDEE are. Keep your calories above your BMR.
  • Stallion_Duck007
    Options
    Thanks. I need to visit a nutritionist. I only eat 3 meals a day. Nothing in between. I'm on a very tight eating plan. However, I need to see what foods are higher calorie densed, etc.

It's actually better to eat 5-6 small meals a day! It's all about fueling your body too, not just staying under your calorie intake! For example,
    Daily Intake = 1200
    3 doughnutfs = 1200
    vs
    One healthy bagel w/ fat free cream cheese
    Fruit
    Cottage Cheese
    Soup
    Light turkey and cheese sandwhich w/ light mayo
    protein bar
    veggies
    low calorie snack packs
    = 1200

Hope this helped!
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Monday - Body Combat(Kickboxing) and Muscle Pump
    Tuesday - Body Attack (Sports Training)
    Wednesday - Body Combat (Kickboxing)
    Thursday - Muscle Pump
    Friday - Zumba
    Saturday - Muscle Pump
    Sunday - Muscle Pump

As far as my calorie intake it fluctuates from 900-1200 per day. I eat a well balanced diet.

I am not a Les Mills trainer (one day, maybe), but my sister is and I do the web development and marketing for a Les Mills only gym, so I am pretty knowledgeable...

Don't do BodyPump 3 days in a row (Sat-Mon), that is a major no-no... I recommend taking Sunday off completely as a recovery day. If you feel the need to do something active, go for a mile or two walk to keep your leg muscles loose.

Eat more! On the low end I burn 350 calories during BodyPump. At the very minimum eat 1200 + half of your exercise calories. You will feel MUCH better the next day and be able to perform like a champ in your Les Mills classes. You say you eat 3 meals that get you to 900-1200 calories... so that is 300-400 a meal. Add an extra meal about 1-1.5 hours before your workout.

Also, Zumba is not a Les Mills class... Les Mills does have BodyJam & SH'BAM though. :)
  • DocGu
    DocGu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Agree with the eating more advice. Also you are training 7 days a week with no breaks, you are very likely in the realm of over-training.

Losing weight takes time and patience, it looks like you may need to slow down.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You don't seem to be eating enough. You need fuel for your body to work properly. I would also suggest taking a rest day, or at least an active rest day (walk a couple of miles) once a week. You are risking injury and/or burn out if you continue at the pace you are going at right now.