Numbers matter more than your calorie count?????

Options
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/numbers-matter-more-calorie-count-191700358.html

I came across this website and would like to know what your thoughts are too this?

I personally am a defiant calorie counter otherwise i will consume more than i should.
But i do agree that i need to up my fiber.
Here is a quote ' The key to losing weight: Eat fewer calories than you burn, and consume high-quality, nutrient-rich foods. These numbers will help you do just that without being too calorie-conscious.'
I always thought you had to eat your exercise calories back?
I am new to this whole lose weight and living a healthy life style but i do know i want to do it the right and sensible way.
:)

Replies

• Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I suggest you search the forums because this question has about 1 new post a day. People on this site are divided on eating back exercise calories. Camp 1: This site was set up to keep you at a deficit if you dont exercise. When you work out you have to fuel your body by eating back those calories, but MFP has set it up so you will still be at a deficit. Camp 2: It seems like a waste of a workout to eat back my calories. I prefer to make my deficit larger by working out and not eating them back.