What are your measurements??

Options
Okay. I have never done measurements of my body. But whenever I discuss my height weight etc people are stunned at how "heavy" I am. I guess I carry the weight well? This of course makes me feel like they are just being kind though.
I'm finally going to do measurements tomorrow morning to get to the facts!
So what are your measurements?
I'm 5'6 so I'm interested to see peoples measurements and weight of those around my height.

xox

Replies

• AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have a 46" waist.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I will be doing my measurements tonight! I will post them when I do!

What areas do people normally measure?
  • kimber_av
    kimber_av Posts: 98
    Options
    I will be measuring my waist, hips, thighs and arms I guess?
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good question kimber_av. I'm 5'7"and struggled for years with body image because even at my very fittest I was never less than 125lbs (and I was tiny then). For some reason it never occurred to me that the people who talk about weighing less than that are generally much shorter than I am and/or a different body shape (I have a pretty solid hourglass figure). It's nice to have a someone a similar size to compare with.

I started my serious attempt at weight loss a couple months ago at 186lbs, and just hit the 15lb weight loss mark this week. A couple weeks into it, I decided to take some measurements. Initial/most recent measurments (as of last night) as follows:

Neck 13.5/13
    Waist 33/32
    Butt 44.5/43.5
    Chest 38/37.5
    Bust 41/39 (of course this was the biggest drop) :ohwell:
    Arm 13/12
    Thigh 27/26

Obviously everyone's different, but hopefully someone else will find this a helpful basis for comparison. Good luck!
  • ashleybaby1007
    Options
    I'm going to measure myself tonight and let you know!
  • kimber_av
    Options
    -bump-
  • mlts10
    mlts10 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and these are my measurements.
    Neck- 14
    Shoulders- 41 1/4
    Bicep- 13 1/4
    Chest- 31 3/4
    Waist- 32
    Hips- 42 1/4
    Thigh- 25 3/4
    Calf- 16 3/4
    This website gives you a diagram and explains exactly where to measure. http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/body-tape-measurements.html
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have been in maintenance since September at 123 pounds after losing 58 pounds. And I have a short waisted, rectangular build and an "apple" pattern of fat distribution. At my heaviest I resembled a popsicle on twin sticks.

Bust: 45" / 35"
    Chest (bra band): 38.5" / 32"
    waist: 43.5" / 29"
    hips: 44.5" / 35"
    thigh: 22" / 18.5"
    upper arm: 12.5" / 10.25"
    Clothing sizes: usually L tops and size 14 bottoms / mostly M tops, some S, and size 4 bottoms.

Found the starting measurements and hit the edit button to add them.
  • kimber_av
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I'm so thrown by my measurements. they are so mixed lol.

Waist - 29.5
    What I call the belly button pooch (biggest part of my belly) - 34
    Hips - 38
    Upper Arm - 11.5
    Biggest part of my thigh - 22.5

ahhhh. I'm a biggggg girl! Good thing I measured. More motivation. and I've just started a workout routine this week. so I'll get to see the real results :)

Oh by the way... I'm 5'6 and 134- and very much a curvy/hippy figure as you can see
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Boobs: 34"
    Waist: 23"
    Hips: 35"

Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 106 lbs.