NSV from high school days

Options
I posted pics on Facebook last night of my Junior prom and Senior prom for the 'high school prom pictures' thread. It took me forever to find them and I had to reproduce them with my cell phone, but it was enough to post something for a size comparison.

Anyway, I had gone to my Senior prom with my best friend and boyfriend of almost exactly 1 year (the Monday following prom was our 1 year anniversary). He was dorky and kind and goofy and smart and splendid. He was also a cheater. I found out on prom night that he had been cheating on me for two weeks with a blonde, freshman cheerleader. I was none of those things, and I was crushed.

Many years later, I found him on FB. He's a great guy in the Air Force and married to a wonderful woman. He's helped people all around the world and he's just a downright good person.

Well, last night when I posted the pics, his wife commented on how nice it was to see the old pics. That was great, because she's really nice too!! This morning, I checked my FB messages and received the following from him:

"I remember the night of prom from those pictures you posted...and I really upset you that night. I never said sorry for it. Foolish young me being an idiot. Years later and a lot wiser I wanted you to know I had a wonderful time, and I'm sorry I was such an *kitten* about it. You were and are a good friend to have Amanda, thank you."

I was brought to tears! I have made so many changes in my life, and I have worked so hard to get to where I am right now. If it wasn't for this site and the motivation I feel here I may have never spent 30 minutes digging through old Senior memory books to find pics to post online. I may never have gotten that heartfelt apology.

I feel victorious!

Replies

• Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome victory :)

You are a kick butt person girl!!