Running NSV.

Options
decy63
decy63 Posts: 175 Member
Today was supposed to be day 3 week 6 of C25K which means running for 25 minutes but I thought what the hell and just kept running and didn't stop till I had run the 5k.The longest I had ever run was for 22 minutes yesterday so I am pretty pleased with myself right now and if someone had told me a year ago when I weighed 290lbs I would run 5k within a year I would of laughed at them.OK it took me 37 minutes to run it but I can worry about speed next time and for the 1st time in my life can call myself a runner.

Replies

• ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! Great work!
  • Caitella
    Caitella Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you. You've done amazingly well. What a difference to this time last year. Doubt you could have walked a 5k. Well done. Love you xx
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Well done! :bigsmile:

So you ran for fifteen minutes more today than yesterday? That's a big jump and you should be proud of yourself.

You know, there's obviously a lot of physical conditioning that goes into running but I also believe that there's a HUGE mental aspect to it too.

You've proved to yourself that you can do it, which is a very important step.

Now, like you said, you can improve your time - but really that's not the most important thing any way.

Congratulations and keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That's epic!
    I have a huge issue with mental blocks while running. I just finished a half marathon this past Sunday and I bet you're running a 5K faster than I could!
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    Groovy!! Amazing what the human body can do when we get our brains out of the way, isn't it? :-) well done!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    congratulations! just make sure you stretch well afterward, as such a big jump in running time might be a little hard on your body. :drinker:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Great accomplishment....be proud of that!!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That is HUGE!!!! Congrats...running is hard awesome rewarding work!!! You are a runner!!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I hope to be there in a few months! X
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! Congratulations!
  • decy63
    decy63 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks it really is a case of if I can do it anyone can.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!