critique my diary! please!

Options
2»

Replies

• Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I checked it out too and agree with some of the other comments about the salad dressing being a large contibutor (nuts too). I eat salad often and generally mix 1 tablespoon of vinnegrette with 1/2 a lemon squeezed (although recently I ran out of lemons). If you want you can take a look at my diary for some ideas, its public.
  • claricecollins
    Options
    Maybe instead of using dressing, make a vinaigrette? Alittle olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and mustard go a long way :)
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I noticed the sodium right away. Sodium causes you to retain more water. Also, I noticed one day that you logged only 4 glasses of water. Try drinking more. It will help flush out the sodium and get rid of whatever water weight you are carrying. About the dressing--remember that fat-free dressings usually contain more sugar than light dressings, so in all honestly, IMO, anyway, it's better to use full-fat or light dressings and just use less. I don't like the way fat-free tastes, either. Finally, I'd try to take in more protein and less processed carbs. As another poster said, bagels are not the best choice when trying to trim weight. They pack a lot of calories, and they tend not to keep you full very long. Oatmeal is a better choice for breakfast, and even better if you can add a little protein, like a tbsp of peanut butter or something. Good luck!
  • Pixie_star1234
    Pixie_star1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are having waaaaaaaaay to many calories in one go! Especially for dinner! AND you are having sneaky sweets afterwards?! A big NO-NO!
    Stay away from sweets, if you have them, have them before lunch.

Also, try and eat at home rather than at restaurants, you never know how many calories these restaurants meals actually have.

Good luck, hope it helps!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    the salad dressings are taking up quite a lot of your calories and fats. that said, our bodies do need fats and switching to fat free dressings will just up your sugar numbers so it's not really worth the trade off. the oil and diary in the dressings you use now are actually good for you.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    check fat content before eating and salt intake :0)
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It looks to me that your salad dressing and cream cheese is mostly what is putting you over. I'd sugest switching to fat free dressing, there isn't a ton more sodium in it and it is FAT FREE! For the cream cheese maybe try laughing cow cheese on your bagel instead of the regular cream cheese or reduced fat cream cheese. :flowerforyou:
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke?

Really bagel & cream cheese?

Twix candy bars

Peanuts

Read the fat & carb content when shopping, and make healthier choices
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I took a quick look at your food diary for May and the things that I noticed were your dressings, cheese and chocolate. You can eat all of these things but if you are concerned about the fat content, maybe you can try low calorie dressings and cheese. As far a s the chocolate maybe limit your chocolate indulgences to once a week.

Hopefully this is helpful to you.
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    As everyone said the salad dressing seems to be the #1 spot. Try staying away from any creamy dressings even though they are low fat or fat free. Make sure you pay attention to the severing size that you eat on everything. A bagle is not that bad if you eat say half. That would have been the normal serving before we started supersizing everything. Also on salads watch out for the extras you put on it like bacon, bacon bits, cheese, and croutons. They seem little, but can add up. The fork dipping is a great idea and I actually do that. Making your own vinagarret is a great idea to, plus you know what you are putting in. Avoid anything that is processed, partially hydrogenated, corn syurp, etc. The salt can make you retain water and add weight too. For portion control I have tricked my mind. Your can put the same servings on a small plate and a larger plate. The larger plate will look like it is not full and we add extra food to think it is a full plate. The smaller platet will look really ful, hence cutting back on portions. Fill up your plate first with fruits and veggies on half, a quarter protein and the rest grains. Remember also because it says low fat or fat free does not mean it is better for you. They use all kinds of chemical compounds to make the flavor that a little fat would have put into it. Your body doesnt know what to do with the chemicals.