Any Vacation Plans coming up??

Options
Who has any exciting vacation plans coming up? And how are you going to incorporate your MFP/Weight goals into it?

I'm going to Ireland on Sunday for 4 days of music, hiking and drinking! Then Manchester, England for an international rugby tournament I'm competing in. I won't be keeping up with my calories as much just because I know I'll be getting adequate amount of exercise everyday and I have so many places I want to try.

Share yours!!

Replies

• mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to New York for work in June and will have some free time to play and then Hawaii in July!!!

I plan on enjoying myself! Since I'll be doing physical activities (hiking, swimming, snorkeling) and walking everywhere, I'm not going to worry toooooo much about about calories or weight watching.

I've noticed whenever I'm on vacation I tend to lose a pound or two no matter what I eat. I think it has a lot to do with the fact we generally walk everywhere and do lots of physical activities!
  • jwhitman75
    jwhitman75 Posts: 1
    Options
    A summer vacation to The Outer Banks, NC and Virginia Beach for a few weeks! The OBX is my most favorite place on the East Coast!
    I won't be completely neurotic about counting calories while away, but won't go completely hog-wild : )
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    First vacation in 5 years! We're leaving in just over a week to spend a week on the Gulf coast in Florida.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Destin, Fl in a week! I'm doing NROLFW and it suggests taking a week off periodically so it works out. As for diet, I'm going to TRY my hardest. We'll grill a bunch which is always good. Then Costa Rica in October. I expect to look like a supermodel in *those* pictures....;)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Whats a vacation???
  • vonallena
    vonallena Posts: 34
    Options
    Whats a vacation???

Haha, if I wasn't taking this trip, I would say the same thing! First vacation in 3 years.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Because of this damn economy, I couldn't swing a huge to-do this year. My son and I are going to spend three days in San Francisco, doing the tourist thing ( we're from the San Joaquin Valley lol ). I'm planning on eating what I want but walking everywhere with a pack. So I probably won't gain. I didn't gain last year in Vegas and we ATE. But we literally walked the whole Strip, Stratosphere to Mandalay Bay.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Also going to Destin, FL when my husband come home for R&R in sept, cant wait
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im going home to Hawaii in 23 days for 3 weeks. My family owns a farm there, so ill be working on it. Hopeing to LOSE weight this vacation.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Going to North Carolina. It'll be tough with all the southern cooking, but i plan on at least limiting myself :)
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    A summer vacation to The Outer Banks, NC and Virginia Beach for a few weeks! The OBX is my most favorite place on the East Coast!
    I won't be completely neurotic about counting calories while away, but won't go completely hog-wild : )

JEALOUS! I love love love Virginia Beach!!

I'm going to Atlantic City in July! Very excited for that!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    we got back a couple weeks ago from 8 days and 7 nights in Disneyland, it was easier than I thought to stay on track not a lot of time for sitting and snacking, a lot of walking, and such a variety of restaurants we all did pretty good!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Heading to the Oregon coast this week and will be spending time on the beach as well as hiking.

San Francisco for a week in June as well. I'm using it as a big break. I will probably do some walking, but plenty of swimming and napping :)
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    Going to Mexico for a week in August. I won't be counting cals but I'm going to try not to go crazy since it's all inclusive!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Anna Maria Island (gulf coast of Florida) in 8 days! I walk the beach every morning at sunrise and again in the evenings. It's also bike friendly so we do a lot of biking while there. I will continue as I have been and hopefully will lose a few pounds while there.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'll be in Lebanon from July to August.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just got back from an all-inclusive in Mexico. I didn't gain a thing. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, and drank a lot. With all walking , swimming, and site seeing you do you will not gain if you don't stuff your face. Plus the food at our place was just so/so and that made it a lot easier not to pig out.

I'd like to go to Puerto Rico in 2013. Anyone been there and can suggest a good location?
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the beach this weekend for camping and kayaking, I'm thinking with all the exercise i'll get from kayaking and walking around i'm not going to worry to much about what I eat. I will most likely write it all down so that I can see how I did once I get home, but i'm not going to bother tracking from my phone will i'm camping. At the end of July i'll be going to the beach for 2 weeks and I plan on tracking like normal, we are staying in a little beach cottage, and I think we will have wifi so i'll track as normal and plan on riding my bike everywhere, kayaking a few days, swimming, and going on a 1.5 mile jog that i've already planned out every morning (or most mornings). That way I can still enjoy vacation dining! :) Hope everyone has great summer vacations!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    1 Week at the Polo Towers in Vegas - August
    1 Week 1/2 at the beach, 1/2 on River Rafting trip - 1st Week in September
    1 Week in Reno at the Street Vibrations Motorcycle Rally - Last week in September.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Camping this weekend in North Idaho - lots of hiking and walking. Will watch what I eat, but won't be logging.

In June - we'll be camping for a week in Glacier National Forest and doing a lot of hiking and walking then as well. We try not to take too much junk food with us when we're camping. We take lots of fuits and veggies along with everything else.