Feeling unmotivated

Options
hfzimmerman
hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
Well I saw the dietician and I've gained a pound since I last saw her a month ago. I don't know what to do I never eat less calories then mfp says and I never eat more then what the dietician said. I exercise every day five days a week is at least an hour of zumba followed by the 30 day shred and on the weekends I do at least the shred. I think I'm getting leaner yet the scale isn't showing it. Any tips?

Replies

• Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    All that exercise, switch to taking measurements. Probably looking better but not seeing it on scale.
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    The scale may not show it, especially if you are getting MUSCLE!! I measure myself, and take a new measurement every week on the same day.I haven't really "seen" results, but the tape measure is showing some!!

Don't lose heart. Victory is in the small things, and small things accumulate into big things!
  • hfzimmerman
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try doing the measurements.
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    the scale isn't moving fast for me...I take measurements and have been able to lose 3 inches off of my waiste and only 3 lbs. to show for it.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You'll need to open your diary so we can see it but most of it is 80% diet, 20% exercise. So focus on that and see if you've eliminated processed foods, sugary drinks, etc. As others have mentioned, inches are important, too. However, if you're doing 30 DS the scale should be moving as well! So look at your log and see if there is anything there that stands out.
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    First pat yourself on the back for the changes you have made!!! Second, screw the scale, We do not live by the scale alone. Switch to a tape measure. I'll bet you are losing inches. Remember Muscle weighs more than fat. Think about how you feel, how your clothes feel. Do not be down on yourself because you are doing all the right things for a healthy lifestyle. Keep up the good work.
  • rmalanis
    rmalanis Posts: 2
    Options
    Remember that a pound of fat is about the size of a grapefruit, a pound of muscle is about the size of a tangerine..... Our society focuses on the scale, not on health and fitness.... I am overweight according to my BMI (height/weight), but according to the Willoughby Scale - used for athletes (Waist-to-Height Ratio) I am between a college swimmer & Willoughby Ideal.... Don't beat yourself up, you are doing AMAZING and no matter how slow you think you are moving, you are still lapping the guy on the couch ; )
  • hfzimmerman
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I know there are a few things about my diet I need to change. I do pretty good except for my chocolate sweet tooth but that's something I'm working on to. I use to eat at least one bag of Hershey kisses a day now I'm down to a few cookies still not good but much better than where I was and I only drink water and 1% milk that's it (no juice, coffee, soda etc).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!