101 WAYS TO TORCH FAT FAST...Long post

Options

Replies

• nmcavanaugh
    Options
    I think it's a great article over all, even if I don't agree with all the points mentioned. Ignore the negativity! I wonder if it's true about the elliptical w/ or w/o handles thing?? I'm gonna try to mix in sprints with running when I get back into it and maybe throw the towel over the treadmill console too. I love burpees!! Haha. Thanks for sharing.

I do wind sprints intervals 2-3 times a week and they are awesome and practically kill me. I highly recommend them. After a sprint workout I'll have a little soreness in my abdomen and flanks that doesn't seem to happen with a long run. Personally nothing (besides yoga) works my whole body like a sprint workout.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    TL:DR
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    there's plenty of good stuff in this, the problem is that the very first tip is
    1Eat six small meals a day. Stoking your body with food every three to four hours can rev your metabolism to the max.

which is total BS, then we get to
    4Throw on a hoodie before working out. When your muscles are warm, you actually burn more calories.

which is just ****ing hilarious.

Some of the tips after that are great, but when the article starts with complete BS people are just going to laugh, not the read the rest and not take any of it seriously
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I eat 5/6 meals a day...and i`ve lost weight...What is for some..is not for others..

Btw...I`ve a cupboard full of jaffa`s..:bigsmile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I eat 5/6 meals a day...and i`ve lost weight...What is for some..is not for others..

whitebreadloaf.jpg
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Maybe i should stop trying to lose fat...and just take steroids instead eh..
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    will come back later
  • GroovyGreenGrape
    Options
    I think your tips were good. and dont take steriods... k?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

The point is that it is not necessary to employ a certain meal frequency. You lost weight (and congrats, btw) eating 5/6 meals per day because it allowed you to create a calorie deficit much in the same way that my 2 meals per day does for me. Neither one is more valid than the other as it's down to personal preference.

The article specifically states that a certain meal frequency will create a metabolic advantage and this is false. And claiming that something will do something that it will not do, is a bad, bad thing.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't know SideSteal... I'm thinking of investing in hoodies :tongue:
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Make sure they are teal colored. This will cause greater energy expenditure on Wednesdays and it will also cause you to enjoy eating lawn clippings, which are loaded with planty goodness.
  • odusgolp
    Options

Make sure they are teal colored. This will cause greater energy expenditure on Wednesdays and it will also cause you to enjoy eating lawn clippings, which are loaded with planty goodness.

I simply love you. :smooched:
  • Sidesteal
    Options

I simply love you. :smooched:

You're fabulous.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    B*tch, I AM Fabulous! *LOL*
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I chew on winterfresh gum everyday .. and I've lost weight. It's not for everyone though, some people have to use Big Red.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Not a fan in general...

I am, however, curious if anyone does #7 - use greek yogurt in things like tuna/chicken salad.

I have been smooshing in an avocado, but am curious for more options.

I use cottage cheese that has been smoothed out in the blender with a little lemon juice.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'd say about 5 of those were actually useful, and the rest are pretty much useless, made up fairy tales. It's not being negative to point out misinformation, it's being helpful. Which is more helpful, pointing out bs rules that you don't need to worry about, so you can keep things simple, or staying quiet and letting you adopt a ton of overly complicated, unnecessary rules that won't have any impact on weight loss and fitness?
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    mfp used to be so much kinder :(
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I read the entire list. Some good suggestions and ideas. Thanks again.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post....Maybe I'm so new to my journey that every little thing helps...I'm obviously not as well versed as others, but I got some ideas....for exercise and goals.....that will help me.

Sorry that others had to see it so negatively. My momma always told me...if ya can't say something nice......(well...you get the gist. )

Thanks for the post. I've printed it and will use it.

Dee