What's your ideal body fat percentage?

Options

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 25%. I wanna be a little squishy ^_^ But I'll reevaluate when I get there, see how I feel, etc.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    15-18% is athletes, 18-22% is lean.

**These ranges were pulled from my bod pod results**

I am at 32% at the moment and want to get down to 22-25% range.

Ok, I think I want to aim at being in the middle range for athletes but I will be OK if I stay at 18%
  • KristyJoy123
    KristyJoy123 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked my bf%, I was at about 25%. I want to be 22%, but I don't know if I have the nutritional discipline for this. I like alcoholic beverages on the weekends, and I DO eat carbs. I'm trying to spend my weeks being really focused on keeping my macros where they should be and giving myself a bit of slack on the weekends. More power to you ladies who want to be below 20%! I really don't know how you do it!
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options
    Somewhere around 25%. I wanna be a little squishy ^_^ But I'll reevaluate when I get there, see how I feel, etc.

Yeah, I want to keep some of my curves for sure! But muscles are sexy too. Good to have a balance! :wink:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Yeah, I want to keep some of my curves for sure! But muscles are sexy too. Good to have a balance! :wink:

I'm living proof that you CAN have mucles AND curves and be fit and healthy, too. :bigsmile:

ETA: I did not have curves before I dropped body fat. I was a no shape person and now I have curves. :bigsmile:
  • rcates2424
    rcates2424 Posts: 208
    Options
    Hoping for 15% at 185....... Would luv to get to 10% but 15% is more realistic and manageable.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

:laugh: Definitely!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked my bf%, I was at about 25%. I want to be 22%, but I don't know if I have the nutritional discipline for this. I like alcoholic beverages on the weekends, and I DO eat carbs. I'm trying to spend my weeks being really focused on keeping my macros where they should be and giving myself a bit of slack on the weekends. More power to you ladies who want to be below 20%! I really don't know how you do it!

I eat carbs and believe me when I tell you that I drink alcoholic beverages. I don't really deprive myself of anything. I think it is possible to be below 20% and enjoy things you like in life. Now if we are talking competition type BF% then, you probably need to have the discipline you are talking about.
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options

I'm living proof that you CAN have mucles AND curves and be fit and healthy, too. :bigsmile:

ETA: I did not have curves before I dropped body fat. I was a no shape person and now I have curves. :bigsmile:

Yeah, you look hot! I'd love to look like you someday. :smile:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm at my idea body weight. My current BF% is 26-27, I'd like to get to 21-22 but sadly I don't think I have the dedication to do it. I like eating the things I like and my ab's are definately made in my kitchen :blushing:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Shooting for about 8% here.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 22ish. Well somewhere below 25 but above 20 should be good for me. I am destined for "curvy" no matter what, so I am more focused on being lean enough to see some definition in my arms and legs. And I don't want 6-pack abs, so lean enough so they look flatter than I am now, and I am all set.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm at 26% now. Aiming for 22% then will assess and see if I want to go lower.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    My goal is to hit 10%
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I'm 21% at the mo. Maybe 18% :wink:
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think between 18% and 20% is ideal. You know where I'm at and I don't think going lower than that is healthy for females (unless you are competing or something like that) I have seen how it can impact your hormones and that is nit something I want to deal with.
    My goal will be to maintain this % and try not to focus on the scale. I would not mind the scale going up a bit if body fat % stays the same. That just means I'm gaining muscles.

18-20% is my goal too! You can look up pics of females with body fat percentages for atleast somewhat of an idea and see what you personally find that works best for you.
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 20.3%ish now.. so I guess 18% :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Yeah, you look hot! I'd love to look like you someday. :smile:

:blushing: aw, thank you!
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to be about 20%. Once I get there I'll see how I feel about it.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Not a clue. I can't even figure out what my current bf% is because the calculators I did online gave me 3 different results. It's all very confusing. :laugh: