The Power of Vulnerability

Options
A very good friend of mine recently introduced me to the existence of TED conferences, which have some brilliant speakers discussing a wide array of thought-provoking concepts. I have to say, I am hooked!

I wanted to share the link to Brene Brown's talk on The Power of Vulnerability as I think that it applies directly to every one of us on MFP.

She urges people to embrace their vulnerability in order to accept it and believe in themselves. I'm not usually a self-help kind of gal, and I realize my writing kind of stinks as a preface to this amazing talk, but trust me -- it's worth the 20 minutes!!

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Replies

• cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My husbands been watching those TED talks but it's always about space exploration and science geek stuff. I didn't know they had them on different topics. Interesting. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for the tip!!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :) The draw of the nerd talk is what interested me, initially!! But all the topics they have are generally pretty awesome.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I loved this video!!!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I love Ted talks and I haven't watched this one, but I'm going to! It's interesting to see this subject because although it may not relate this talk, earlier today I was just thinking about vulnerability, for myself in particular that I have a hard time saying "I don't know how to do that" ....I have no problem admitting say that I don't know anything about a specific subject, but admitting that I don't know HOW to do something like say drive or skate etc I have a hard timeline with for some reason, which is silly really because nobody knows how to do everything! Looking forward to watching this TEd talk!