My latest NSV

Options
aqcannon
aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
Due to some foot problems, I have been confined to a wheelchair for the past few weeks. As a result, I haven't had much call to stand and see how my belts and pants were fitting. When I started this journey (almost 100 lbs ago) I was wearing size 56 waist, and even those were tight. We had bought me a belt that was big (to allow for future growth) and I wore it at the second-to-last hole.

Along the way, I've put about 4 more holes in the belt, I thought, since I hadn't noticed a ton of difference lately, that I was done with that part of the weight loss.

Then, yesterday, at my doctor's office, I briefly stood to transfer from car to wheelchair and, in that short moment, my pants fell down. I had the belt on the tightest hole I had made, and the pants were a size 48 that my wife had slipped in among my clothes without me knowing.

I came home and punched another hole in the belt (about 1 1/2 inches from the previous one), when I put it on and stood up it was still loose. I was shocked.

I love the progress MFP has allowed me to make. I've done similar journeys before, but I've always brushed aside the forums and support groups thinking it wasn't going to work for me.

Well, I can tell you from personal experience that it does work. My belt now wraps around my waist 1 1/2 times and my pants at 48 are still too big...all because of the support I'm extended here. Hearing my notification ping on my phone telling me I have new messages, makes my day/night/evening. Thank you to all.

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. That is amazing (although slightly embarassing to lose your pants in public). Keep up the good work.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Such a cool NSV!! I bet everyone looked when you whooped it up after they fell down!
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    Thats awesome! Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!