Question for the ladies...(sorry guys)

lulabellewoowoo
lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
About three weeks ago, I started running in addition to my regular classes. I started running an 8-min mile on the treadmill, starting at 8 mins and working up to 18. Now, according to my schedule, it's my TOM. I have all the symptoms. Even when it comes to running, I haven't been able to get past 10 mins this week just feeling weak and exhausted. But I'm missing the one thing that let's us know it's that TOM. I haven't lost any weight. Actually gained a couple of pounds of what I'm assuming is water weight. I have the cramps, discomfort, exhaustion, teariness, but no period.

Has anyone else experienced this? The only thing I have changed is ramping up my exercise. Do you think it will even itself out? I mean, I already have endometriosis and scar tissue build-up, and the exercise has helped. But I don't know if I should be concerned. Should I cut back the running, or just give it another month and see what happens? I would say I burn about 1000 calories 4 to 5 days a week on exercise.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Whenever I increase my intensity, my cycle gets thrown off a bit.

I would only worry about it if it's still a problem after a couple of months.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Whenever I increase my intensity, my cycle gets thrown off a bit.

I would only worry about it if it's still a problem after a couple of months.
    x2

Change in exercise can mess with our cycles.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Thank you for my piece of mind ladies. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.