SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! July 22

Options
Hi pebbles,

Mopey today. I'm bigger (although I don't feel fatter) in my legs officially and think I need new jeans. It's the peril of muscle mass and really being dedicated to yoga. It's very, very hard to not think bigger=failure. I hate jeans shopping as much as bathing suit shopping (due to the fact that my waist is small but I have big legs and a yoga booty) but it's time to do it. I unfortunately can't live in my workout pants (I try, oh how I try).

Today is a day off from working out and man do I need it. My "new" spin teacher was the one I know from Fridays (she was subbing) and her class is pretty intense. Combined with working out (weights and elliptical) on Saturday,bikram on Sunday and my *kitten*-kicking from my trainer Monday I'm ready to rest my legs for a day. I'm going to try to walk home from the subway today if the rain holds off.

I just read somewhere that if you're exercising intensely, your body needs extra calories on recovery days, too, for muscle repair. I keep debating on if what I should do is lower or up my calorie limit. I'm at 1500 net right now, and frustrated. (due to big yogini thighs issue above) I just have to try to keep the faith, and embrace the idea that my body might like this weight, even if my vanity doesn't. I'm resisting the urge to weigh myself right now, due to nearing the end of my lady cycle.

I'm not very positive today, sorry.

So, in case you don't want to read the whole novel:laugh: :
day off from exercise (but maybe a walk)
hydrate!
vits
telling my strong thighs that I love them.

Take care.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Aw V. I hope your day gets better. It such a shame that the world makes beautiful women think they aren't good enough. I really really wish I could just accept myself for who I am at this weight and get over it. The important thing is taking care of the body so that we can all be around a long time. It doesn't matter what size jeans we wear, just that we are healthy. And V, I think you take good care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

I ate horribly over the weekend and now I am paying for it. I haven't said anything because I wanted to see if this was going to work...I started South Beach. It worked for me before. I'm starting day 4 this afternoon (started day 3 Sunday after lunch...Maybe it's just day three then). I don't remember feeling this way last time I did it. I was very run down yesterday afternoon: weak, SO sleepy, and feeling ill. I ate some stuff and it helped a little. I am plugged up so that doesn't help either. I like the fact that I can eat more than I was able to on the candida diet, but it allows processed foods (which I try not to eat) and fake sugars. I'm not sure if that's better than eating regular sugar. I may go on to phase 2 so I can have a fruit a day, but the first two weeks are suppose to bring big weight loss. Until I make up my mind I stay on phase 1, if anything just to get my cravings under control.
    I went for a quick run this morning. Didn't have a lot of time. I've gotten through all the garage sale stuff I think. Expecting to get more tonight and maybe tomorrow.
    That was my novel. I need to get around for the day. Horse therapy today!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I hate jeans shopping as much as bathing suit shopping (due to the fact that my waist is small but I have big legs and a yoga booty) but it's time to do it. I unfortunately can't live in my workout pants (I try, oh how I try).

Same problem. I always thought women's jeans should be made for big hip, small waist - or we could just wear men's jeans. I usually have a huge gap around my waist if I want to be able to bend at the hip. Someday, my favorite yoga pants will have pockets and not show a panty line, and I'll never wear jeans again.

Had the hardest yoga class I've ever taken yesterday. My triceps, back, legs, hips are all sore today. We did a bunch of stuff working towards this pose:
    http://www.yogalifestyle.com/images/yogaPaperProducts/CLYJ2008YogaJournalCalendarFebruary.jpg
    (Someday, I'll learn how to post images in the text.)
    By the time we got to that pose, I was too tired to do it - so I'm not sure if I can or not - I kept going up and failing over in exhaustion - even when the teacher came by, I just couldn't hold myself up. I think I have the flexibility though.

Today, walk and teach yoga. Today's yoga theme is 4H club - head, hands, hips, and hamstrings. They just get sillier by the week. Maybe I should write down the sequence?

Testing boundaries, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    So, dig this: I googled "yoga jeans" and there's a company called "Second" out of Montreal that makes a line of jeans called "yoga jeans".

I'm going to do some retail research today. One of the retailers is four blocks away, maybe I'll get lucky. Apparently, they're made of organic cotton plus some space age stretchy fabric. Hey, it could work.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Well, now I have jeans that fit and I'm broke. That's life in the big city, I guess.

But, I came out of the dressing room and successfully did a forward bend and baby dancer. The shopowner said that she's been waiting since April for the order and they came in last night. . .so it's my lucky jeans day, I guess.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the jeans, V! My most recent pair are Levi's, but the fit is called 'curvy'. I found that they fit me pretty well - not too tight around the thighs/hips and not gaping at the waist (and not too high-waisted, either, which is a good thing for my short torso). Also, I can bend over without revealing my underwear (or worse), so that is nice.

I feel so scattered lately. I need a new chart! I keep not doing my pushups because I don't have a thread to post to or a chart to fill out. Ridiculous, I know.

There is another trail run tomorrow, but it sounds harder than the one I did last week. I am thinking that I will run (or challenging elliptical) on my own tonight, but I can't decide whether I need to focus on distance or speed. Last night was belly dance, which was fun. I have a lot to learn!

Mary, that is a tough-looking pose! I'll try to post the pic inline for you:
    CLYJ2008YogaJournalCalendarFebruary.jpg
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Uh yeah. I don't think I could ever get my body to do that. :laugh:
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Well, now I have jeans that fit and I'm broke. That's life in the big city, I guess.

But, I came out of the dressing room and successfully did a forward bend and baby dancer. The shopowner said that she's been waiting since April for the order and they came in last night. . .so it's my lucky jeans day, I guess.

If I'm ever in Toronto...

I looked at them online. They look a little low waisted, are they?

I'm going to go to yoga early and try the pose. Report back tomorrow.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Whoa Mary. . .even being ready to attempt that is awesome.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

I looked at them online. They look a little low waisted, are they?

They come in a mid-rise, which to me was plenty high. Also, apparently in fall they're bringing out a higher rise. They're so comfortable I'm debating on going back to get a pair in black. They really do feel like yoga pants, and they sort of suck everything up and in, which doesn't hurt.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Uh yeah. I don't think I could ever get my body to do that. :laugh:
    MM

MM, as my old karate instructor used to say "if one human can do it. . .so can another human.":wink: