Hi need motivation and support please

Hi! my name is Desaray and im 33 years old

I need to lose weight.I weigh approx 269lbs and ideally would like to lose
100lbs but would be happy with loosing about 60lbs. I have tried dieting before but just never worked out.
Obviously I can't do this by myself and need someone to help and motivate me throughout the process.
Ideally someone who also needs to lose a lot of weight so that we can help and motivate each other.
I stopped eating so much. Made my portions smaller over time so now I probably eat less than half of what I used to.
I also started exercising 5 out of 7days, for about 30-60 minutes a day. I try to make sure that I at least do the 30,
even if I don't feel like it and only 2 rest days but i don't put the two rest days back to back.
Thanks for reading.

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Hi there. My name is Stephanie. I have lost 94 pounds so far and still have around 60 or so to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Your on the right track. My doctor told me a long time ago the best diet to go on is the "half" diet. That means if you go out to eat whatever you order only eat half. If your still hungry eat a salad or some carrots or somthing healty. At one point I was 340lbs and they way I lost weight was playing racquetball 3 nights a week and I was very aware of what I ate so i ate a lot of salads but you can only do so many salads. Once I was down to 270lb I was stuck and I couldn't do salads anymore. So I started hitting the gym with a buddy daily to lift weights and do some cardio (I still played racquetball 2 nights a week) also at that time I stated tracking everything I ate. I got down to 235 but then I went thru some personal issues (divorce, new job, move) and now I don't have a gym partner to keep me "going" to the gym daily and for a while I was stress / depressed eating and I am back up to 245.

My best advice..pick a diet plan that you can stick to or just limit portions. I also suggest tracking everything and maybe even get a "bodyfit" or "fitbit" to track calories burned. It is may calories in vs calories out in the long run thats what it comes down to but for it to really work you have to enjoy the calories that go "in"

I am like the "digest diet" plan and that is what I am trying to follow.

You can do this..