Help! Save my Valentine Tradition..

Options
Valentine's Day is a huge deal at my home. Every year, we put out a box at the beginning of the week. Each member of the family then makes a home-made Valentine for each person in our family.
Then on Valentine's Day, we have a fancy supper, candles and all.
And of course there is always dessert! :tongue:
Then....the best part....we get to open our Valentines! :heart:

Here's the problem: The meal itself is pushing my calorie intake for the day to the max. :sad:
I need a simple dessert that's 1. under 200 calories 2. Red in color! (optional but, the kids do prefer the "valentine color" ) 3. Not sugar-free jello with fat free whip topping (yuck!)

Any ideas?

Replies

• babyhippo
    Options
    Valentine's Day is a huge deal at my home. Every year, we put out a box at the beginning of the week. Each member of the family then makes a home-made Valentine for each person in our family.
    Then on Valentine's Day, we have a fancy supper, candles and all.
    And of course there is always dessert! :tongue:
    Then....the best part....we get to open our Valentines! :heart:

Here's the problem: The meal itself is pushing my calorie intake for the day to the max. :sad:
    I need a simple dessert that's 1. under 200 calories 2. Red in color! (optional but, the kids do prefer the "valentine color" ) 3. Not sugar-free jello with fat free whip topping (yuck!)

Any ideas?
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice!.....what about Angel food cake with Strawberries and fat free whipping cream??
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What about chocolate-dipped strawberries?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/4425-hg-s-red-velvet-insanity-cupcakes?hl=red+velvet#posts-29048

check out this thread started by "healthier me".

You just might have a winner.:flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhh! Strawberries (and chocolate) are my ABSOLUTE favorite. Dip them in dark chocolate and you're heart healthy, too! Sounds like a great tradition. Don't miss out on it.
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Thank you so much! My family voted for choc. covered strawberries!
    However the red velvet cupcakes are a great idea for my daughters birthday next Wednesday. I think I'll try them. (I got a kick out of all the bold red's)
    Thanks. Happy Valentine's Day to you all.:heart:
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love strawberrys in fat free chocolate pudding! Or use fat free cream cheese for cheese cake and use strawberrys or food coloring!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I made those red velvet cupcakes today and they are sooo good!
    The "frosting" is yummy.

~Joanna:flowerforyou: