Always Tired

Options
I have a problem with tiredness....I think probably some of it is to do with being so overweight and having to lug my huge body around all the time...but seriously its getting to the point that at any point during the day, every day, if I shut my eyes i think i could literally fall asleep within minutes...Im tired when i wake up, at work, at night, in mornings,....I just dont know how to overcome this, because obviously this is no way too live!! I normally go to bed between 9 and 10pm everynight, and get up in the mornings at 7:30am.
Last weekend I slept for 15 hours straight on both nights without rousing...slept right through, and still went to bed early because I was tired by 9pm.
Thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated

xxPINK

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    See your doctor and get your blood work done. Could be a number of things including low iron levels or sleep apnea?Also, drink lots of water.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you usually eat a day? Are you eating mostly healthy foods or many processed or high sugar foods? Do you exercise?
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you make your food and exercise logs public, you might get some more targeted answers.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are just really down on yourself, which can't help. First start with going to the dr as pp suggested. Have your iron and thyroid checked. Then, make sure you are exercising and eating right. This will help with your energy and with your weight loss. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are taking steps to make changes and you just need to let them work. It'll happen, you just have to stay motivated and keep your goal in mind. Good luck!
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    The doctors think one of my friends has Chronic Fatigue Disorder. Maybe you have something similar. Go get checked out.
  • wainey48
    wainey48 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i agree to go to the doctor just in case it could be your t yhroid, but i am the exact same way and AS soon as i started eating better and walking 40min a day it got better like overnight i had to force myself the first couple of days to walk because i was exhausted but it really helped, hope you feel better soon!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I'd suggest thyroid as well or maybe Epstein-Barr virus (Mono). Both can wipe you out and make you feel like a puddle of melted cheese on the floor. I'd go to your doctor and not leave until he/she gives you a definite answer. Hope you feel better, soon!:flowerforyou:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Depression could be a possibility.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Sometimes getting too much sleep makes you more tired. Maybe you are getting too much sleep. Just a thought though.

Like suggested, see a doctor for a real diagnosis.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest thyroid as well or maybe Epstein-Barr virus (Mono). Both can wipe you out and make you feel like a puddle of melted cheese on the floor. I'd go to your doctor and not leave until he/she gives you a definite answer. Hope you feel better, soon!:flowerforyou:

mmm... melted cheese.. :sad:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Depression could be a possibility.
    I was going to say that, too. I am being treated for depression and before I started my medication it was near impossible to get up in the morning, and I too was exhausted when I got home from work so I went to bed early.

I also agree that you should go to your dr and see what's going on.

Hope you feel better soon, though!!! :flowerforyou: