Tired and stopped losing weight. Heard a lot about eat more?

Options
So I am a male down from 237lbs to about 197. However this last week has been really hard. Im not losing weight anymore but im still going ot the gym 2.25 hours every day(60 min cardio, 75 min lifting). MYP has be at 1450 Calories per day and I end up eating about 2100 every day because I am burning about 1200 during my workouts. I think that I have gone about 45 straight days without a doing at least an hour and the gym but most the time 2. Im stuck at my weight and I don't know if I need to start taking it easier at the gym or if I need to do what I have been reading a lot and actually start eating more?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If you've literally gone 45 straight days to the gym I would recommend taking a week off regardless of your weight loss progress.
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I hit my plateua I upped my calories to roughly 2200, I was at 1650. I started loosing the following week (I only weigh in once a week).
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So when I take time off where should I keep my calories?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    So when I take time off where should I keep my calories?

You may actually benefit from eating at maintenance during your break, if you decide to take time off. I can't say this with certainty.
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I guess I will try to force myself to give it a break. I have gotten so mentally focused on working out I feel like im no longer on the weight loss plath when I don't go. I have known for a while I need a break just have not wanted to do it. I guess if im not losing now it couldn't hurt.