Way low on calories, but maintaining weight

Options
I eat way less than the normal calorie amount for someone my age/height/weight/etc. but I don't lose weight. I eat until I'm full each day and I work out but my calories are never as high as they are "supposed" to be. Why don't I lose weight all the time? Is my suggested calorie amount wrong?

Replies

• ajaydarez
    ajaydarez Posts: 4
    Options
    When did you start doing maintaining your diet and when did you start working out?

My boxing trainer tells me that for first few weeks after you start working out, you maintain weight or put on a bit more weight. That is due to muscle formation. Muscles are heavier and so they outweigh any fat loss you have.

Once the muscle development stabilizes ( a few weeks) you will start seeing a drop in weight.

If you want to see absolutely the amount of fat you are losing and the amount of muscle you are building, you have find the lean muscle mass in your body.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Maybe your not eating enough?

I've noticed that you burnt almost 600 calories yesterday and only ate just above 1300 calories. You had essentially only eaten 700 calories which really isn't enough to lose weight.

Did you choose the right activity level?
    How many pounds did you put in to lose each week?