gatorade ????

Options
hotjacki85
hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
I stopped drinking my 7 bottles of diet soda a day (ick right?) and switched to water and gatorade only (with an occasional soda). Ive been doing this for about 3 weeks (low cal gatorade) I love my water but sometimes need some flavor so ASSUME Gatorade would be the best...

Is it? or would a crystal light pkg or something like that be better?

I have it embedded in my head gatorade = good for you.

but have heard that its just as bad as soda?

Thought?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Gatorade is nowhere near healthy. It is sugar water with food dyes. This doesn't mean you can't have it but I would definitely drink it in moderation.

For healthier flavored drinks, try diluting 100% fruit juice with water or smashing some fruit into plain water (watermelon is really good).
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Gatorade won't be the reason why you don't lose weight. Don't worry about it. Count the calories from it and move on.
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    The only time gatorade would be good for you is after intense exercise (or sickness) when your electrolytes are depleted. It is full of sugar and sodium. I would try crystal light type flavor packets. You can find all kinds of fun flavors. I would definetely try that rather than gatorade.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Lost 306 lbs. drinking Pepsi Max and G2 series low cal Grape Gatorade every single day.... Use to drink crystal light but am into the Low Cal Gatorade for my workouts now... Love the flavor... Just counting the calories and you will be fine... I still get my 120 oz. of water in a day too... Best of Luck....
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Go for Crystal Light, I have an occasional Gatorade if my sweat rate is quite high/ used to use it while training, now switch to eLoad which uses a different carb, is almost 100 cals less than regular Gatorade and has stuff in it Gatorade doesn't that athletes need/lose in sweat such as calcium. So Crystal Light, Mio or some other alternative would be better
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Gatorade is ok, but Brawndo is the best.
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    I drink the low cal gatorade.
    Other than replenishing your electrolytes after a workout I don't usually drink it.
  • Westcoastdude
    Westcoastdude Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gatorade is ok before or after workout, but not as a replacement drink...
    Water is the best...get used to it, drink it, love it.
    Lots of it...at least your weight in ounces a day...or 8-10 glasses.
    That is, if you are really serious about getting fit.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help... yes very serious about getting healthier.. just assumed i guess it was healthy... love the idea about diluting juice or mashing up fruits... great idea :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Gatorade won't be the reason why you don't lose weight. Don't worry about it. Count the calories from it and move on.
    This.

Then again, the diet soda isn't really bad, either.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Treat Gatorade like a soft drink - fine for an occasional treat but not the best choice to drink all day, every day.
    Unless of course you are running marathons and actually need the rehydration and electrolyte balance.
  • dela1000
    dela1000 Posts: 62
    Options
    Gatorade is ok, but Brawndo is the best.

Its what Plants crave :-)

Actually, very good question. I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for asking and thanks for the answers everyone.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Lost 306 lbs. drinking Pepsi Max and G2 series low cal Grape Gatorade every single day.... Use to drink crystal light but am into the Low Cal Gatorade for my workouts now... Love the flavor... Just counting the calories and you will be fine... I still get my 120 oz. of water in a day too... Best of Luck....

WOW, WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so super awesome to lose over 300 pounds!
  • miimaou
    miimaou Posts: 7
    Options

WOW, WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so super awesome to lose over 300 pounds!
    EXACTLY!! I'm amazed. That's incredible! Congrats! :)
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I put an effervescent vitamin C tab into my water.
  • mauness
    mauness Posts: 4
    Options
    Just have a fresh juice once in a while. The only reason why I would have any sport drink is if I'm doing longer than 3 hours at the gym, but then I get a really decent one without so many calories. I am a bio synergy fan.