when do I weigh in?

Options
EKarma
EKarma Posts: 594 Member
I was wondering if anyone had an idea on whether we should weigh ourselves in the morning or at night.. Will there be a difference on which one I choose? I want to weigh myself in the morning because I always feel skinnier in the morning, but I don't want to be a cheater (if that's cheating)...

What do you guys/girls think? Morning or Evening? Help!

love and light. xo

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    You should weigh first thing in the morning, after you go potty and nude or just your undies.
    Most people say just once a week, but I'm obsessed and weigh every day, I only log it once though.

Memaw
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I've been advised that as long as you weigh yourself under the same conditions every time (eg. same time of day, same clothing weight, etc. etc.) then that's the right time to weigh yourself. Me personally, I do what Memaw does. :happy:
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    Weigh in first thing in the morning
    right after the bathroom.

not after u eat.

or not late i n the evening or else ull get a false readin and will be disapointed
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    I agree 1st thing in the morning and on the same day each week..My weigh is different everyday so I chose the same day each week.
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I do like memaw, too. Plus, when you have a good number in the morning, it starts your day out right. If you get a not-so-good number, then it is a kick in the pants to be good!
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    I have weighed myself everyday for the past two years. Before that I use to weigh myself once every week at WW meetings for I did not own a scale then. Now I am really obsessed. Even though I know the scale says the same thing most of the time I still do it. I think for me to make some progress, I have to get rid of the scale for about 4 months. Starting from August 1. I am weaning myself off the scale..To me now the scale is the enemy...LOL. That's just confession of a scale addict!!!!!!!!I will keep on working hard and will weigh myself on 12/01/09.......Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!!!!!!!:blushing:
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i read that people who weigh themselves everyday lose more than people who weigh themselves once a week, and people who don't weigh themselves at all gain weight!
  • nueta1922
    nueta1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i also am a little OCD about weighing myself. First thing in the AM after I pee and when I get home from work. I only use the weight on Friday mornings to update MFP. But I too use it to better understand if I am drinking enough water or taking in too much sodium ( which I think is under reported on food labels).