Please help me support cancer research

Ed_81
Ed_81 Posts: 31 Member
Hi,
A little bit of back ground for anyone who reads this.
I started on my life change about 10 weeks ago and so far it's going great, I've lost loads of weight, stopped smoking and started exercising.
I'm happy to say that my life is on track now :)

Sadly though I recently received news that my uncle has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.
Rather then just post loads of pictures on facebook claiming to support the fight against cancer I decided to do something active.

I have always had really long hair (see my profile pic) and I have decided to cut it all off and try to collect some money for cancer research. I've set up a 'justgiving' online sponsorship form and will be posting pics of the dreaded cutting and my after pictures.

The link to my sponsor form is:

http://www.justgiving.com/ed-davis

I've checked the forum rules before posting this and as the link is in now way competing with myfitnesspal and the donations go directly to the charity rather then through me I'm pretty sure this post isn't breaking any rules.

If like me, cancer has touched you or your friends or family, then please help me do my part and fight this horrid disease, I hope that one day we will eventually find a real cure and our children won't know the losses that we have known.

Thanks for reading this

Ed

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Sorry to hear about your uncle.
    I will check out the site :). And congrats on your weight loss!