Any Suggestions You Would Like To Share?

Options
Hi Everyone!
Well a long story short I have been battling my weight my entire life and have always been considered obese and the "fat friend." and I'm SOOOO Over it! I am 269lbs, I was 277 at my heaviest and I'm 5'8. I'm more than ready for a change, and I'm fed up with not living up to my potential physically. For the last few weeks I have been eating my recommended calorie intake from MFP, most of my calories coming from proteins such as chicken and fish. I have been preparing all of my meals and snacks a day in advance so I'm not tempted to order out at work.I have cut down drastically on carbs and make sure my sugar and sodium intake is also low I rarely eat anything processed and my carbs are whole wheat when I do have them. I have been working out 3 days a week mostly cardio but I have heard strength training is where its at but I'm kind of clueless once I get into the gym. I usually just do the treadmill or elliptical for 45-60mins.I haven't lost anything this week and I feel like I'm doing everything I personally know of and I'm getting a little discouraged. Does anyone have and suggestions or advice for me? Or maybe some tips you've learned along the way? Thanks in advance for any info you'd like to pass along!

This site has been very inspirational for me and I hope to be posting some good before & after pics eventually!

Here is a pic so you get an idea of where I'm starting from...this was my heaviest about 277 Im about 8lbs less than this now

22.jpg

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You are starting good. I wish you all the best. It is a hard journey but when the motivation is there it makes it so much easier.

If I can offer anything it would be:
    1 - Buy a book on calories -- you can't trust all the MFP numbers so best to be safe
    2 - Buy a scale and weigh everything that is not a liquid
    3 - Don't reward yourself with food. I know some people do cheat days and I have succumbed once or twice but it is seriously not worth it.
    4 - Develop good habits that you can continue all your life. Obesity is a chronic disease. Even at your goal weight you will have this disease and you must learn the habits now so you don't have to take this journey ever again.
    5 - Plateaus happen. Don't beat yourself up or get upset. They will break and you will start losing again.
    6 - Reward yourself with some fun things. Set little mini goals and maybe a bigger halfway and all the way goal. It sure helps when you are working toward something that you really want.

Good luck again!