NSV! :)

Options
shorthand73
shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
This weight-loss process has been exceptionally slow. I started MFP (again) around Valentine's Day. I've lost 12 pounds so far - about 1/3 of the way to my goal. Not a bad start, but I find it hard to not get discouraged - especially when my loss so far is not enough to 'show' (or at least for people to notice). However... things ARE changing! Two days ago, I went to Victoria's Secret. I haven't been in that store for years. I was thrilled to find a bra that fits correctly and doesn't look like something my grandmother probably wears. Naturally, I had to purchase some matching 'undergarments'. :blushing: Without even thinking, I selected a Large. (I have worn that size for SO long!) I purchased them without trying them on. They are TOO BIG!!! :noway: With that little boost of confidence, I went to the basement and dug out the "10 Pound Tote". It was full of clothes that I have held on to for ages. I threw some of my 'favorites' in there when they got too small, and vowed to not get them out or try them on again until I had lost those 'magical' 10 pounds.) They ALL fit - and some are a smaller size than I remembered!! I have added 6 pairs of jeans, two sweaters, a jacket, and two other tops to my wardrobe! I am still looking forward to the day when someone actually notices and says something, but until then, I am quite happy with my newly expanded wardrobe and VS items that are too large for me to wear!!!!!! Woo-hoo!

Replies

• Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wtg!!! Amazing!
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same thing today! I have a bag under the bed of clothes that I loved so much I couldn't bear to get rid of them, even though they were too small for me. Today I got them all out and tried them on! Now there is nothing left in the bag because they've all gone into my wardobe. Two large bags of clothes came out and those sizes will never darken my wardrobe again!

Such a fantastic feeling. Well done x
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    W2G. :drinker:
    good job and keep doing what you're doing :flowerforyou:
  • ethelapple
    ethelapple Posts: 79
    Options
    I just bought some VS undies about three weeks ago...they fit perfect now. It's been a long time for me since I wore that brand. :D Love it!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    congrats woman!!!
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    YAY! congrats! :-d
  • Vanillacoffee54
    Vanillacoffee54 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! I LOVE stories like that! Very encouraging for me since my scale is just creeping down in SLOW motion.Good job!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Woohoooo! Congratulations! You know,,, 12 lbs in 3 month is FANTASTIC! That is 4lbs per month, about 1 per week! You are doing awesome so don't put yourself down! Congrat on the clothes deal too. I loved doing that and now after 35lb down, I only have one ugly pair of 'mom jean shorts' LOL to fit into, that of coure, Ill never wear. lol At least I have the option to buy smaller ones soon. I still have 20-25 to go and I sooo can't wait to be ONE size and stay there!

Again, congrats on your hard work! So proud of you!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Fantastic NSV!! Keep it up!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!