newbie and holding myself accountable

Options
After all my half hearted attempts to hold myself accountable I decided that it was time to look at everything in black and white so to speak. I figure if I get into the habit of keeping a journal of my food in take and exercise that I will do much better about what I eat. While I do need to lose weight, from past experience I know that if I focus on scale and measurements I will not do so well. I will get frustrated and just stop trying. So a new approach, focus on what I eat and eating healthy and moving about. At 5'8" and around 230 pounds it is time to eat like I know I should.

I love to cook and that is a major downfall as it is just me and if I cook it I don't always show the best restraint in eating what I cook. But I am hoping that by keeping a journal and reading what others are doing I can get on track and keep up a healthier lifestyle. I look forward to meeting you all.

Replies

• sunnyflower1177
    Options
    Well ur on ur way to loosing weight! Keeping a journal and tracking what u eat does make a difference, I was on weight watchers before and had to pay the big bucks for what MFP is giving for free! I LOVE this sight! Make friends and read others blogs it really helps!
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just joined this week and I will say having to journal what I am eating and how much I am moving really does help me realize what I have to do. Good luck! You are taking the first step!
  • catols
    catols Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks! I looked everywhere for something and stumbled across this site. I am very excited to see such an active community.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good for you the more friends you have the harder it is to fail add me if you want for support :happy: :drinker:
  • catols
    catols Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks!!!! I will add you