If you lost the weight, would you get a tummy tuck?

Options
13»

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If I could afford it. Of course I would. I wouldn't be completely happy and satified with my loose skin, I'm sure.

Exactly.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    yes, i want a tummy tuck. BUT i'm worried about the scars. I had a breast reduction at age 19 and had a rough time healing, bad surgeon, bad follow up. it has taken me a long time to be OK with how I look. Remember, your breasts will never look the same again....this can be good or bad. I went through an honest state of mouning after my reduction. It does affect you in more ways than just physically, its alot to come to terms with emotionally too. Things dont always go according to what your vision is. REMEMBER THAT! No matter how good your surgeon is, or what a good job he did on ur best gf or mother in law, whatever...every body is different, everyone heals differently and not everyone has the same results. Now, that being said, now that i lost weight I would probly get implants if i had the opportunity. lol. FML/
    Back to the tummy tuck....I have seen the befores and afters, the good and bad....what worries me most is this "dog ear" effect that apparetly affects 20% of all patients. The initial cut and scar arent THAT bad, as long as u can hide it (which i would with a big tattoo,lol) BUT if this dog ear thing were to happen you could end up with a scar that goes all the way from ur back around your love handles. thats intense! I am still weighing the pros and cons, but i do want that skin gone!
    I have 7lbs to go, then i want to maintain for at least 1 1/2yrs before booking surgery. If my skin tightens up enough in that time, then i wont do and and just deal. lol