best exercise for belly fat

Options
I am just wanting to get some advise on which exercises best help get rid of belly fat, I have had 6 kids all large babies last 2 were both well over 10 Lbs. and I admit I also let myself go, I have been losing weight by diet and exercise mainly walking 2 hours at a time twice a day, but I really wanna work on my belly fat.

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to spot reduce fat, even "that stubborn belly fat" that advertisers love to talk about on the TV.

Just follow the calorie recommendation given by this site and move more.

Good luck!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Neck Crunches...While doing Cardio
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    This is going to suck to hear....but there isn't really anything that can be done to magically get rid of belly fat. Losing the weight is what will eventually see some change in this area--and it may be the last thing to go. That being said, you can work on strengthening your core through planks and sit-ups, crunches and the like so that when the fat does start to come off your trouble area it will have a better overall appearance.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Yes, exercise will reduce belly fat.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Yeh, can't spot reduce but you will benefit doing certain ab exercises. If your ab muscles are slack particularly from being stretched carrying babies it can make your belly stick out more.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to spot reduce fat, even "that stubborn belly fat" that advertisers love to talk about on the TV.

Just follow the calorie recommendation given by this site and move more.

Good luck!

Exactly ^^ That!

Eat healthy, do cardio and crunches. While I wish there was a way to spot reduce but there isn't.
  • jennbatts
    jennbatts Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been told that squats and rowing on the rowing machine are great full body exercises.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I heard body brushing, rasberry keytones and chia seeds may help.......
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Yeh, can't spot reduce but you will benefit doing certain ab exercises. If your ab muscles are slack particularly from being stretched carrying babies it can make your belly stick out more.

Quoting myself! Here is a link:
    http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_reconditioning.html
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this myself! Thanks to the OP for asking. :happy:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You can't target belly fat, but you can target fat. You don't reduce fat with a specific exercise; you reduce it by eating at a calorie deficit with decent macros and some strength training.
  • emilynoelle8008
    Options
    The only thing the people at the gym i go to told me is crunches.
  • kathymillard1970
    Options
    thank you everyone
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Some exercises for flatter tummy:
    http://models1blog.com/2012/05/15/nathalie-bomgrens-beach-body-steps-¦¦-the-perfect-tummy/

"*TVA (transverse abdominus) – This is the muscle that acts like a corset and will suck the tummy in so that it gets flat.

*Obliques- They will shape your hour glass waist.

* Lower abs- it is important to activate these so that you don’t get a pouch belly."
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Kathy - check out momsintofitness.com it's especially for post pregnancy bods. Someone had put this in one of the message boards and I found it very interesting. Of course, u have to combine a good "diet", but walking is fabulous, try holding in ur tummy, release and hold while walking. I hope this helps u!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The best exercise is an exercise in eating right. Healthy fats and protein work just as well as exercise in some cases.