Oops, advice please?

Options
I've recently begun using MFP again and forgot the whole 'eat your exercise calories' thing, which is a somewhat newer concept for me and not something I've done during any other weight loss attempt. I was quickly reminded of this when I added in my bike ride tonight and now, rather than being 75 calories over for the day, I still have about 1200 calories to consume. Problem is, it's 9pm, I just got done eating dinner and I still have my evening snack to get down. Bed time is ~11:30 or so.

Any suggestions (other than remembering this tomorrow!!!)

Replies

• wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Personally....I would do a high calorie smoothie and then call it a day. It's no different than when you go over on a binge....chalk it up to lesson learned and start over in the morning. :)
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have had that same situation too. And wasn't hungry. So just went to bed and started over the next day! Won't hurt unless you do that all the time... Good Calorie burn btw!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Thanks, folks. I think what I might do is change out my nonfat greek yogurt evening snack in favor of a large apple and a few TB of peanut butter. It's what I wanted tonight anyways, but couldn't fit it in due to the other meals I've had throughout the day. Yay for bike riding. No wonder I was so fit and trim when I did this on the regular, LOL!

Sadly, what's *really* bugging me is not having my chart as close to perfect as possible, LOL. I'm pretty rigid with that, as if seeing it within a gram or two of my target is my reward for the day :) Not such a bad reward!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have trouble eating back my exercise calories most days! The other day I was eating brie on summer sausage at 9pm to fit in another 300 calories so I could net a decent amount for the day without too many carbs ( trying to do low carb as per doctor's orders)