Wanna low carb....

Options
I seriously want to do a lower carb/high protein diet but I have NO clue what to take out of my diet and what to add to it :/. Others that are doing low carb could you maybe give me an idea of what you eat regularly and what your grocery list looks like? Thanks....

Replies

• ashjdavis88
    ashjdavis88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How low carb do you want to go? Ketosis? (Less than 20g a day usually) Or something like under 100 a day?

The first things to take out of your diet would be bread, pasta, potatoes, corn, bananas, most fruits, all grains, yogurts, anything with sugar. haha

You will need to up your fat. (ketosis is usually 5% carb, 30% protein, 55% fat) You could also do something like 20% carb, 30% protein, 50% fat. There are websites you can use to tweak macros.

You want to have lots of meats, dark leafy veggies, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, etc. You want fats like oils, butter, tallow. Dairy is pretty much out except cheese, heavy cream or half and half, unsweetened almond milk. You also want nuts, nut butters, and watch the peanuts they're not super low in carbs.

A lot of people make the mistake of not eating enough fat which makes them VERY lethargic, and very hungry. Fat will satiate you and will be your main energy source.

I did keto for about 7 months, lost around 50lbs, but lost my other ~50 doing lower carb, moderate fat and protein! If you have any questions feel free to PM me or add me!