I'm losing motivation.

Options
I don't know what my problem is lately but I've totally lost all motivation to continue losing. I got down to the 198.6 and I thought once I was out of the 200s I would be totally motivated and ready to keep going since I have less left to lose than I've already lost, but all I want to do is say forget it and eat whatever I want. :cry:

Replies

• Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you. Got to 193 and hit a wall. Tracking my meals and working out consistantly but no weight loss for a month. Then fell off the wagon for almost 2 weeks. Having trouble staying motiviated. I have to keep telling myself that if I stick with it, I will eventually get there. Sticking with it though, is so hard when it's easier to just quit. Let's hope we both find the inner strength (and I know we've got it in there somewhere!) to keep going and reach our goals! Good luck to you!
  • Allylc23
    Allylc23 Posts: 5
    Options
    Don't quit!!! You have come so far already. We all have bad days, sometimes weeks, where we feel like giving up, but stick with it the best you can! You will realize eventually that your motivation has returned! Good job for the progress you made so far and good luck with all the success you will have in the future! :flowerforyou:

204667.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • StVal
    StVal Posts: 91
    Options
    Have you given yourself a goal (besides actually losing the weight)? Like "I'm losing this weight so I can look good in my bathing suit next summer" or "I'm losing this weight because I have a high school reunion to go to next year". Something along those lines. That is what has helped me in the past when I was really trying my hardest to lose my weight and kept me motivated. Right now, my reason is because I have company in from out of town this winter and I want to look my best when they get here. That's my motivation. I don't know if anyone else is like that, but it sure has helped me.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    it's not wrong to "enjoy" where you are at - but not to the point where you go completely bad with your eating again, which is sounds like is what you're saying. yes, motivation is an emotion, so it comes and goes. find something new to do - i had to start taking step classes before i wanted to go back to the gym, because i was bored with what i was doing. that excited me and got me all motivated again. maybe it's your food that is boring you, try some new recipes, a different ethnic kind of food and start experimenting. sometimes your mind and body get bored with what you're doing.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I've definitely been there, and just when I was, I got pregnant again. LOL Anyway, I got the itch again and found my motivation. What really helps me is reading this site, watching weight loss shows on tv, and reading weight loss books. I love looking at before and after photos of myself and others. I also remind myself of the biggest reason I'm doing this...to live a long, healthy life. There are way too many health problems in my family that I don't want (my mom died of a heart attack at age 47, and my dad had quadruple bipass at age 50).

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Have you taken a break at all? You might need to have a cheat day, where you can enjoy your favorite foods. It might help you stay on track. Please don't give up now! Your halfway home!! :flowerforyou:
  • lovinlife581
    lovinlife581 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    maybe it's your food that is boring you, try some new recipes, a different ethnic kind of food and start experimenting. sometimes your mind and body get bored with what you're doing.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!!! As soon as I read that, it hit the nail on the head for me. I checked out this thread because I was feeling the same way (diet-wise) and I didn't really know what to do about it. But your advice here is great. I'm going to research some new recipes and make that my passion for awhile! Thank you!!!
  • schmoopy62
    Options
    I think this is normal for anyone. I started at 196 and just hit 182 and suddenly my motivation is slipping...eating more carbs (my weakness) than I should, not puttin stuff in the journal (if I don't see it is it really there???), you know stuff like that. I want so much to reach my goal but it is sooooo HARD! The only way I have found to keep on keeping on is to PRAY! I know I can't make it on my own, and I find my help and support from God Almighty only. He gives me will power and motivation to make it! Try Him, you'll like Him!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    The only way I'm going to keep my motivation is to know that this is not a 'diet' or something that I'll only do for a period of time - but that this is now how I want to live my life. I want to live healthier. I can eat the 'bad' stuff if I want too. And somehow knowing that it's 'allowed' makes it okay to not do it. Knowing that I don't have to go the rest of my life without having a cookie, or piece of cake or pizza makes it okay to say I don't want it right now. Or when I have to have one I do. And that's okay too.

It sounds trite, or cliche, but it is a lifestyle change for me. That way it's motivated by making myself healthier - not losing weight. It's a general overall change that will let me live a longer, happier life.

But do try different things! Don't get stuck in a rut! Use new and different spices, and different food, as was brilliantly suggested above. This lifestyle change can be a very exciting adventure. It's all about your mindset at this point.

Good luck and many blessings to you!
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    I AGREE THAT YOU COULD POSSIBLY BE BORED WITH YOUR FOOD OR WORK OUT

BUT I ALSO AGREE THAT TAKING A CHEAT DAY TO EAT ALL YOUR FAVS WON'T HURT. I WOULD RATHER GAIN A POUND TO MOTIVATE ME TO LOOSE 10 MORE THEN TO GIVE UP ALL TOGETHER...

EATING WHAT YOU WANT FOR ONE DAY DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP AND I'VE DONE IT PLENTY OF TIMES.

PLEASE, DON'T GIVE UP...WE ALL WANT TO SEE ONE ANOTHER MAKE IT TO OUR GOALS AND IT IS TRULY SAD WHEN WE SEE A FELLOW MFP THROW IN THE TOWEL...YOU CAN DO THIS, EVEN IF YOU TAKE A DAY OFF FROM IT ALL YOU CAN STICK WITH IT.

HUGS! :smooched:
  • Chasabeth
    Chasabeth Posts: 14
    Options
    I really do know how you feel.

Recently I have really been craving a McDonalds (god knows why) so in the end I just had to have one. After I felt awful for eating rubbsih but something my mum said to me came into my head - "You can't be 100% perfect 100% of the time, no one can be."

Thats what really made me just get on with it. The best advice I can give you is to keep in mind your end goal - A pair of jeans you want to get back into or a beach holiday you have coming up - Trust me it really works. I have also treated myself along the way. After I lost a stone (14lb) went and had a full body massage, and when I loose my next stone I'm treating myself to a pair of new shoes.

Just keep with it and you will be fine! :wink:

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Read::: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Welcome to Banks/Boss's dreaded "Stage 4". It's not so bad. Take a day off, have a big fish taco, and think about where you are and where you were and how hard you've worked to get here. I've slacked off a little, but mostly kept at it and it's still working for me. You'll find it. :bigsmile: