I just found the MFP site...

Options
Hi all. My name is Jerry, I am a 48 year old male from the Toronto area in Ontario, Canada. We are on a mission as a family to make some healthy changes to our lifestyle. We like to cruise and found this site from comments on Cruise Critic where I have the same board name as here.

The driver for these changes is that we have all added a few pounds more than we wanted to. We have an upcoming cruise at the end of August on the Oasis of the Seas. A bunch of us were sitting around a week or so back and within a few minutes we had all decided to challenge each other to lose some weight before our cruise. So 8 of us put in $50 each and winner takes the $400 pot. The winner is based on highest % lost.

I started this challenge at 218.2lbs on May 13. I am now down in the 212 range so off to a good start. I made it to the gym again today which is 3 times this week and 7 times since we started this challenge. We have also changed our eating habits, eliminating any fast food, fried foods, etc and increasing the water intake and excercise levels. My goal is to get to 195lbs by the cruise. Right now I am fairly motivated but I know there will be some challenges ahead and know I will need support to get to my goal.. I look forward to sharing ideas and support with all of you.

Jerry

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I came first in 'inches lost' during a weight-loss challenge I participated in. I think it's awesome that you're doing this! Feel free to add me for accountability and support! =)
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    from Ontario, Canada as well!! -- Sent you a request!
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have spent a lot of time in Toronto/Burlington. Good luck on your challenge and will be glad to support.