Cheesecake factory.........NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Options
Sparksfly
Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
I knew it was bad there, but I wouldn't have guessed this bad:

http://calorielab.com/news/2007/07/28/calorie-pusher-comes-to-town-the-cheesecake-factory-hits-rochester/

So gross and seriously I am never suggesting this restaurant again!

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I feel you, my boss gave me a gift certificate there for Administrative Assistants Day, so I looked them up….OH HELL NO! I’m gonna have to gift that gift certificate to someone else….I’m not even doing that to myself…one friggin slice of cheese cake is like my whole days worth of calories….POOR US!

BTW, if you look on the recipes thread, there is a low fat/low carb cheese cake recipe there today! MMMmmmmmmmm!
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    even if I tried to split up the chicken and biscuits into two meals (which I normally do), its still over 1100 calories a meal!

It's good food but not that good....
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Neena, you can regift that gift certificate! Money, and calories, saved! :laugh:
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    or sell it on craigslist or something for less than its worth. At least you'd get some money for it!
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    holy hell.

That's a lot of calories.

Got any enemies? give 'em a cheesecake factory gift certificate! :devil:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    It was the day after I went there the first (and last) Time that I started the food diary here, and began to lose weight. So while I'll never eat there again, it was looking up how many calories were in that dinner that made me begin using this site.

That place is scary, and it's not the only one. It's no wonder there is a weight problem in the USA, the way we eat out, and the way our restaurants load up the meals with non-nutritional calories.
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    honestly, I don't think it should be legal to sell you something that unhealthy.

If you make it yourself, then you know whats going into it and that is your choice, but most people would not serve portion sizes like that large.

Run the restaurant, serve the food, but make the portion sizes normal for a human being....not an elephant!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    They do have "weight management" items listed on their menu. I got one of their "weight management" salads last week and it was HUGE. Only 590 calories- I ate half, and ate the other half the next day :flowerforyou: And I was super proud of myself for getting the "Goblet of Fresh Strawberries" for dessert instead of cheesecake :bigsmile:
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Holy crap. I can't believe how calorie loaded their food is. I knew it was bad but never realized it was that bad.

We personally don't eat there b/c they don't have a kids menu. I went once with my 3 year old without knowing there wasn't a kids menu and got her a grilled cheese sandwich. It came out as 3 huge pieces of sandwich. Now I see it was 719 calories. She barely finished 1 piece. What a waste but thank goodness she didn't eat all 719 calories for 1 meal.
  • acrylicrocks
    Options
    Wow! I've never gone to the Cheesecake Factory although its been recommended by plenty of people! I'm glad I read your posts, because I sure as heck won't be going there.
    Yikes.
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    I just ate there last saturday. Its soo yummy but sooo high in calories. I figured it was gonna be a bad day. I would say treat yourself there only once a year.
    Just 3 of the buffalo blasters appetizer was over 800 calories!