I Ran!!!

Options
Ive always considered myself an athletic person, but i have always been afraid to try and run, it seems like a sport for the lean and fit.
last year my friend took it upon herself to teach me how to run and at the end of about 4 months, she had me jogging for 20 minutes. unfortunatley our paths separated and i stopped running.
a few months ago i decided to give it a try again, i ran for four minutes and thought i would die. thats when i realized i needed to get into shape. i have always been really fat but i have always been athletic so it was really hard for me to feel so sluggish.
last night i went out to run and ran for 23 minutes straight it was AMAZING!!! when i went out again tonight i ran 4Km!!! i cant believe it, who would have thought that 40 lbs would make such a great difference?
yay!

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats!!:drinker:
  • strongwilled
    Options
    i am happy for you!
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    THANKS for posting this....VERY inspiring! I've been thinking of doing the Couch to 5K deal because I've NEVER ran at all! You may have just pushed me right over the edge into actually giving it a try!! CONGRATS to you!!1 :wink:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! I ran when I was younger but haven't in awhile....I started again just last night.
    So let me the first to say WELL DONE! :smile: YOU ROCK!:flowerforyou: AWESOME! Great success story:drinker:
  • sarachana
    sarachana Posts: 24
    Options
    thanks for the support guys!:smile:
    hopefully this new sport will help me lose the next 55lbs
    good luck to us all!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou: My daughter and I are trying to train for c25k but we keep getting sidetracked. We're not going to give up though Thanks for the motivation.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic. I'm considering couch to 5k but I have NEVER been a runner my entire life. I'll be 50 next year.

But this story is helping to inspire me. Perhaps I'll give it a shot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!