New to MFP...been tough seeing this on paper...

Options
:happy: Seeing my eating habits on paper has been awful. :( I don't eat that bad, I just tend to mostly eat at night. I did good the first 2 days, but today was horrible. I am a mother of 3, one of which is 16 and making me crazy. lol. I am about to get married, June 22nd and am trying to get healthy again! I really like this website. It is almost fun...makes you seem in control of how successful you will be! :) Good luck to everyone else.

Replies

• scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello!

You just have to try to keep yourself content and busy if you do most of your eating at night. I know, easier said than done, believe me, I know.

Keep with it, don't give up. You are now apart of the MFP family and we are here for one another and we're doing this together.

Feel free to add me, if you would like. :)
  • 77MOM2ATM
    77MOM2ATM Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch for the tip and words of encouragement! Nice to see others going through similiar stuff! :)
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You are TOTALLY in control of how successful you will be! (excluding any major health issues). If you are a healthy, just overweight, person you can tackle your weight no problem! Kids are crazy, but I know you can do this :)
  • cita175
    cita175 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome:) Take it one day at a time. It is hard when you look at your food log, but it will get better; there will be days that you will do great and a time will come when night eating is a thing of the past. Feel Free to add me :)
  • erneseeter
    erneseeter Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome! I am relatively new on here too but I have to say that writing down every single thing you put in your mouth is a life changer. I think it's almost impossible to track every day and NOT lose weight!

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you need some encouragement!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I love seeing everything written down....makes me think twice about eating something I don't have the calories for. Good luck : )
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I struggle with night time and emotional eating too (like when other people are driving me crazy, or should I say when I let them...). Anyway, one thing that helps for me is getting lots of protein through the day, especially in the morning and at lunch. Also, I heard a sports nutritionist talk and he said it is good to have food with "casein" protein in the evening. I was recommended to eat a serving of cottage cheese before I go to bed. It is slow to digest and helps keep blood sugar from plummeting overnight to prevent waking up starving. So far, these two strategies have helped me cut way back on the emotional eating. i have even lost my appetite for sugary foods such as cookies and donuts--I NEVER thought that would happen but it has!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It's totally shocking at first, but you'll get into a rhythm. Praise yourself for the good days and understand that you will have bad days (weekends...). Best of luck to you and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    feel free to add me! I always eat at night too.. (right now actually). Just make sure you keep things under or around your goal, and be honest with your logging and you will do just fine!