I'm So Lost!

Options
Here is my problem:

I'm having issues eating 1200 calories; I'm always eating under that amount. For example, today I had a Wendy's 1/4 hamburger without mayo and cheese and a 5 Piece Chicken Nugget. That averaged out to about 560 calories. I can't bear to eat anymore. I also drink on average 3-4 .5l bottles per day.

There are some days where I can't imagine eating any more. I just get so full and the thought about eating 800 more calories makes me sick.

I exercise and do one hour of cardio on average of four times a week and I often find myself struggling to eat the calories I burned off earlier in the day. For this reason, I only did half an hour of cardio today.

I have about 890 calories left to go. I don't want my metabolism to slow down- that's the last thing I want to do and I don't want my body to hit starvation mode. I have an appointment with a nutritionist at my college later on in the month but for now, I'm lost.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Here is my problem:

I'm having issues eating 1200 calories; I'm always eating under that amount. For example, today I had a Wendy's 1/4 hamburger without mayo and cheese and a 5 Piece Chicken Nugget. That averaged out to about 560 calories. I can't bear to eat anymore. I also drink on average 3-4 .5l bottles per day.

There are some days where I can't imagine eating any more. I just get so full and the thought about eating 800 more calories makes me sick.

I exercise and do one hour of cardio on average of four times a week and I often find myself struggling to eat the calories I burned off earlier in the day. For this reason, I only did half an hour of cardio today.

I have about 890 calories left to go. I don't want my metabolism to slow down- that's the last thing I want to do and I don't want my body to hit starvation mode. I have an appointment with a nutritionist at my college later on in the month but for now, I'm lost.

Any suggestions?
  • greenbean
    greenbean Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You might want to try eating foods that are not so heavy. Try to make it a point to eat 4-6 times a day, by eating things like fruit, nuts, cheese sticks, grilled chicken with salad or a small sandwhich. By doing this your metabolism should not slow down. :smile:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You know what. lol I am going to be straight-forward here. You dont have to lose a lot of weight you look amazing in your picture.

Just try and eat healthy and take of yourself. Wendy's burger and nuggets aren't the best food option. Maybe you would justify eating say, 800, calories if they were all really good nutritious things.

You need to lose 20 lbs and I honestly think you will be able to do that with a balanced diet and exercise.

Good luck sweets.:smile:

p.s. I have a friend with the same mentality as yours. She went through chemo and loved her skin and bones look and gained a little back and wishes she could go back to the other 'her'...when in fact, I see NOTHING wrong with her present look and I always suggest being a healthy person rather than someone who wants to g back to a weight that really wasn't a healthy one.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    You do have some different kinds of issues to deal with. My friend absolutely could not eat food after chemotherapy and the doctor told him to drink ensure. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not saying YOU should do it, but it was a good option for him. The less I eat, the less I want to eat, so I have a meal replacement, similar to slim fast, but a different kind, that I mix up and drink when I'm tempted to skip a meal. It's supposed to be giving me vitamins and minerals as well as amino acids and protein and it contains about 250 calories. And I agree with the person who said your food choices might not be the best. Regardless of the calories, the fat content alone might be enough to cause some weight gain....