Dukan Diet attack phase

Options
Hello,
I would like to know if anyone has 1) gone through this Dukan Diet attack phase, 2) lost weight doing so, and 3) how long they stayed on this until they lost weight.
I am planning on staying on the attack phase for four days. In this time, I would like to lose the last three pounds that has been hanging over me for the last couple of weeks.
What do you all think?

Replies

• AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I did Dukan, I lost weight pretty fast in attack and whatever the second phase is- a pound every couple of days. But I could never hold on to that style of eating long enough to consolidate the loss. I did it twice and failed each time to consolidate - even when I did the first 2 phases for only 14 days and then went for consolidating. Afterwards weight just exploded back on - plus more I dont know if yo yo or feeling bad cos I couldnt stick with it.

Didnt work for me.
  • AthenaErr
    Options
    On mfp I have found that my weightloss tends to bounce about a bit (1 -2 weeks) then in the third week I ahve a substantial loss (over 1.5lbs). I do find eating high protein (more than 75g a day) really helps with hunger and possibly even to shift weight(??) On that basis I am not sure of those daily dukan readings - even tho they were phenomenal. I dont think it was really fat that I was losing. Maybe you get to losing more fat over time but I found it too hard and kinda gross.
  • AthenaErr
    Options
    Looking at your profile I also want to say I found Dukan trigger-y. I am pretty old and never really had ED issues. With Dukan I got a bit screwy. Be careful with it
  • Warley_x
    Warley_x Posts: 62
    Options
    My friend at work is on the Dukan Diet, she lost 8lbs in the attack phase (she did attack for 10 days) and so far now she has lost 3 stone 3lbs on the cruize phase. It is a diet which will work for you if you like meat and you plan to adjust to a lifestyle change and not just a diet to keep it off x
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I lost like 6lbs on the attack phase, I did it for 7 days. I lost a total of 10 lbs for doing Dukan for 6 weeks. I stopped the week of my bday and decided stop doing Dukan. Within 8 weeks, I had gained back 15lbs. I'm not sure if I was eating especially naughty or the if reintroduction to sugar, carbs, and fats just shocked the hell out of my body.

Since my 15lb gain back in Feb, I bit the bullet and went about losing weight the old fashioned way (aka eating smarter and exercising more) and have lost 12lbs. Even now I have days when I disregard everything and eat and drink my face off. It seems easier to me to keep my balance when I'm not trying to change my eating habits to something crazy.

Good luck! I know people who love the Dukan Diet and have changed their eating habits around completely to accommodate the new lifestyle.