Planning ahead big meals?

Options
Joyounette
Joyounette Posts: 13 Member
Hello everyone!
I am trying to lose 13 pounds, but I've been stuck in a cycle of starvation/binging for approximatively 2 years. I finally understood the importance of eating enough calories and been trying to keep my calories intake somewhere between 1 000 - 1 200 a day (more around 1 000 than 1 200, because I feel guilty anytime I go beyond 1 200, but I'm getting there). I've been tracking my calories very carefully, measuring everything I eat, so I'm a bit afraid of going to a restaurant because I wouldn't know how much calories I would be eating. Even the salads, I can't know what's in the dressing. So my first question is: How do you assess your calories when you eat out? What is the "safest" food to order? (Salad, chicken...?)

An other question is: would it be really wrong if I knew I had to have a big meal for dinner (like if someone invited me) and ate around 300 cals all day long then had a large dinner? I used to do that all the time before, starve myself for a few days before having a big meal. But is doing it occasionally and over one day still bad? Is it an other form of starvation/binging?

Replies

• toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Firstly, eating 1000 cals a day will
    Still be in the category of starvation for your poor body.
    I'm 123 lb and i eat 1500 a day to LOSE 1lb a week. Please think about your calorie levels. Eating out... I just save a few hundred cals each day so I might eat 1400 for 3 days and work out to give me extra calories for the meal.
    I cut down during the day with light calorie meals. Egg white omelette for breaky maybe soup
    For lunch etc. Along as I have something low cal every few hours I'm ok.