can anyone explain....

Options
How I can loose 25lbs, 7.5inches off my waist, 5.5inches off my hips and my thighs have grown!!!! 0.5inches????

Replies

• Notavi
    Notavi Posts: 6
    Options
    You've gained muscle while you were losing the fat.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    muscle growth in the quads from the increase in walking and running you have been doing?

Well done for the moonwalk by the way
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Not if she was in a calorie deficit, she didn't. Also, muscle is leaner than fat so she would have lost inches not gained.

OP, sorry I don't know the answer to this. I just know what it wasn't. Are you sure you're measuring correctly? Same exact spot?
  • richx83
    Options
    *sigh* i really wish i had pictures of my calf muscles before and after I started walking, in fact i will try and find some just so you can see how not black and white things are

Not if she was in a calorie deficit, she didn't. Also, muscle is leaner than fat so she would have lost inches not gained.

OP, sorry I don't know the answer to this. I just know what it wasn't. Are you sure you're measuring correctly? Same exact spot?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    *sigh* i really wish i had pictures of my calf muscles before and after I started walking, in fact i will try and find some just so you can see how not black and white things are

While you personally may have gained muscle, it is virtually impossible to gain muscle while on a calorie deficit. Muscles require excess fuel to grow. At best, you can hope to maintain lean muscle mass while on a deficit. Those who appear muscular after losing weight on a deficit most likely always had those muscles, they are just now showing because the fat covering them is gone. Also, you are male and the OP is female. Females just don't gain muscle mass that easily.

My calf muscles are very large. I walk 6-9 miles on a regular basis out of necessity, always have. The thing is, my calf muscles have always been large. I am not gaining muscle mass because I eat at a deficit. I am maintaining my muscle mass.
  • richx83
    Options