What's your challenge/s that motivate you???

Options
Hi!

I thought I would put the question out there so we can all share our motivations for both weight loss, fitness and life!

My story: After 29 years of not achieving much, sitting on the sidelines and waiting for things to happen, I decided enough was enough and have dedicated the next year (April 2012-April 2013) to me, my challenges, my successes MY LIFE! I decided to stop procrastinating and being scared to taking life by the horns and running! I came up with my top ten challenges, things I have wanted to do but never could. This is my motivation...

1. Travel to Vietnam on my own and really explore and travel the country (Completed April/May 2012)

2. Get wisdom teeth out and finally get braces that I have always needed but could never afford (Orthodontist on board, now waiting to meet with Oral Surgeon)

3. Get to my goal weight of 55kg (16.7kg to go) before my 30th birthday in November

4. Get another tattoo (got my first and only one ten years ago) kind of like a celebration for getting through my 20's - October 2012

5. Skydive for charity (For the Global Good - Domestic Violence) at 8000ft - September 2012

6. Climb Sydney Harbor Bridge (5 weeks and counting!!)

7. Go to Melbourne and finally see my friends!! - August 2012

8. Travel to Thailand/Laos/Cambodia on my own - Booked and paid for November/December 2012

9. Climb Mt Kinabalu in Malaysia (tallest peak in SE Asia) which will be the ultimate challenge in mental and physical fitness! - April 2013

10. Be able to look in the mirror and be proud of who I am and what I have accomplished - Every Single Day!

It's a big list, but it's not unachievable. I also work 6-7 days a week with two jobs so I can afford to do all this. It's worth it. I have also joined a gym and plan on (and just finished my first week!!) training 5-6 days a week, with also continuing with my martial arts 2-4 times nights a week.

Having goals and challenges, putting them on paper, and making them happen.. just think of the freedom, knowing you can do anything you put your mind to... Now that is motivation!

What are your challenges to motivate you???

Ryn

Replies

• earndien
    earndien Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    omw you have just motivated me to get my *kitten* in to gear... that what u realy call taking the bulls by its horns
    haha
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Live past 55 since everyone in my family dies at that age.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm going to England in 2013 with my cousin. I want to buy cloths that I am not ashamed to wear around my cousin who has always been like 130 pounds.. I want to be my smallest for my own personal happiness.