too tired.

Options
Hey okay so I started this job at the government and I work 9-5random overtime days and like, I find myself having a large decrease in energy and Im always sooo tired. I've been sleeping too which is uber weird. So anyways, I get home and I have about 4 hours left before I go to bed and like I have to eat and shower... By that time I'm super tired and just want to sit down but like, I need to exercise to lose weight. I just can't find the enrgy. Has anyone got any info or advice?

Replies

• pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    I had the same problem as you for a while. I too work a 9-5. It pretty much sucks up an entire day and it's tiring. I found that going to the gym straight from work and working out for 45 minutes works for me. Once I got back into working out regularly, I had a huge increase in energy. So if you can get yourself working out at least moderately for a few days, your energy such increase dramatically. Good luck! :smile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning. That way, if I am tired at night, I've already exercised. The added bonus is you know how many calories you have burned for the day
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I agree. I force myself to go to bed early, so that working out at 5 or 6 am is easy. If I really can't yank myself out of bed in the morning, I take a 90 minute lunch and run for 45, then shower. I work right across from a gym so that makes it super easy. But then I usually avoid big heavy lunches with co-workers...

I work 7-5, and that is usually what I strive for. If I don't do it before work, I make up too many excuses not to work out.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    It may not be a permanent answer, but it may help your energy for now while you're feeling sluggish. Are you able to take a walk at your lunchtime? Even a short walk around the building (inside or out) will help you feel more energized, and you'll burn a few extra calories, too! :wink: