Small NSV for me

Options
At the beginning of the year I made the decision it was time for a lifestyle change before my choices permanently damaged my health. I am down about 29 pounds so far and am amazed at how much more I can do. After being overweight my entire life, I am finally learning how to make good choices about eating and am more aware overall of how much I eat or don't eat. My older son runs track and soccer and I would like to by next track season (2013) be able to just run with him. I know that I can start at any time to work on this goal but I have some in-between goals I would like to achieve first. My knees aren't great so I would like to have my weight be in one-derland before. I do exercise regularly, walking, zumba, etc. So anyway my NSV is this, yesterday I had gone for a walk and before I could get home it started to rain. No big deal. However when I was in the last quarter mile or so and in a relatively level section, I decided that I would try jogging back. To my surprise, I ran maybe an 1/8th of that mile. I realize to some that is no big deal but I was surprised by how far I could really go before walking the rest of the way. Maybe I am closer to starting that I think that I am. Anyway, thanks for letting me share. It is a big deal to me, even if it seems small to some.

Replies

• georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    WEll done, keep up the good work.
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a small achievement! They are all achievements. Great job!
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    Way to go! Brilliant! When I first ran, I ran 100 yards (I am asthmatic and had been struggling with my lungs, plus pregnancies. I had not run in ten years.). I was sooooo proud. I then did 100 yards two more times over the next week then 200 yards three different days. Build slowly. Put a big calendar on your wall and write in big letters when you achieved. It makes me happy on days where i cannot move for wheezing. Good on you girl. Now I can run 6 miles if I take it slowly and when my lungs are good. But that feeling of first running is brilliant isn't it.
    You made me smile today. Glowing feeling. Proud of you.
  • brandyjpetersen
    Options
    Great goal, and what an example you are being to your son. Children really do learn by example and you are giving him a gift many parents don't. Great job.
  • npetercmway
    npetercmway Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate your encouragement! It is a big deal to me.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    1/8th of a mile is a LONG distance for me as well! Wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more from you.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It is a HUGE deal!!! Congratulations on you NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!