Under Goal Yesterday, Eat More Today?

Options
Hello,

I started using MFP 8 days ago and I have a 1200 calorie goal (on sedentary so when I do exercise I do eat my exercise cals). I've lost 4lb so far which I'm really pleased with! I'm expecting the loss to slow down which is fine as I of course don't want to crash diet.

So far I have been eating between 1100 - 1200cals each day but yesterday I only ate 800cals. I was simply too busy to eat. I'm not wanting to go into starvation mode and deprive my body of what it needs, I need to be able to stay awake too, hehe.

So, I was wondering if I should up my calorie goal today to make up for yesterday or, would it not matter if I only eat 1200cals today as it is a fresh day and I should only eat what I need for this day?

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you in advance for any advise offered.

Kind Regards,
Lissi

Replies

• Warley_x
    Warley_x Posts: 62
    Options
    I too have been in this situation, I ate 799kcals one day and I had lost 4lbs.....the next day I thought I should up my kcals and had my 1200kcal goal plus a bit more (around 100-200kcals) but I had worked this off in exercise (supposedly!). I ended up putting 2lbs on that I had just lost! That was last Sunday and I have only just lost those 2lbs again (5 days later).

So personally, no I wouldnt advise you eat them back. Today is a new day! x
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I too have been in this situation, I ate 799kcals one day and I had lost 4lbs.....the next day I thought I should up my kcals and had my 1200kcal goal plus a bit more (around 100-200kcals) but I had worked this off in exercise (supposedly!). I ended up putting 2lbs on that I had just lost! That was last Sunday and I have only just lost those 2lbs again (5 days later).

So personally, no I wouldnt advise you eat them back. Today is a new day! x

These 'pounds' were not pounds of fat. They were natural fluctuations which take place over the course of a day based on water weight.
    Personally, if I eat under one day, I tend to be hungrier the next and allow myself to compensate. The most important thing is the balance over a few days.
  • lissifae
    lissifae Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the advise folks. Perhaps I'll just eat a little over I'm sure that shouldn't be a problem. :)