Need some help getting back into routine

Options
I"ve been on a couple month hiatus from the gym. School, work, life, the usual.. Well my reason for this is that I have a knee problem..i can't really call it an injury because I don't think I injured it. I've been having cramp feelings, along with sharp, dull, achy pains, through out my knee, calf and thigh on the left side. I went to urgent care, he thought it was a bakers cyst in my knee, had an MRI done and the radiologist said the cartilage between my knee cap and shin bone was wearing out and was starting to look like crab meat, so i went to an orthopedic and he said he doesn't see anything wrong with my knee at all, maybe a little extra fluid. He then proceeds to say that I'm carrying too much weight for my knee to support... I"m 5'4", 185-190 lbs... I've been heavier.. He says I need to loose weight, then sends me on my merry way to get a knee wrap that won't stay on and ankle weights to do full leg lifts.. So at work I've slowed waaay down so I don't put so much pressure on it, and I went to the gym this am for the first time in months... i lasted 25 minutes on the treadmill at no faster then 3.0... and It kind cramped my leg up. I also did some crunches and my leg lifts.. I'm watching what I eat but my question is...how can I work my legs with out it hurting so much and its not the 'good' pain... any help..if any of this made sense.. Thanks Richelle

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Does your gym have a pool or do you have access to a public pool? Its a great workout with built in resistance! :bigsmile: