TurboFire® Intense Cardio Conditioning program

Options
2»

Replies

• MarleyGetsFit
    MarleyGetsFit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just started TurboFire after trying it out for a couple of days...I love the HIIT workouts. The after-burn is insane. Does anyone know when I should turn off my HRM? The thing doesn't stop beeping continuously for a couple of hours afterward. Any suggestions?
  • djeden
    djeden Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I are getting ready to start TurboFire on Monday. (We were waiting until we finished P90x.) We got TurboFire about halfway thru P90x and it was killing me not to start it right away, so I swapped out P90 cardio days with TurboFire and also did the online FireStarter class so that I could get a little more familiar with it before we went all out TurboFire.

I like it a lot so far though. I am NOT coordinated at all, so I fully anticipated having a ton of issues with it. But I am pretty determined to get it. Part of what keeps me going is that Chalene herself has said that she did not create TurboFire to have it perfected in one day. That's not the way it's set up - it's set up to take some time to be able to perfect. So just keep doing the class you are currently doing. You WILL eventually get it!
  • torri106
    torri106 Posts: 17
    Options
    im on week 4...love it!!!! its so fun even when you want to stop a new song comes on and you get a 2nd wind!! i wish i got it sooner! i love chalene johnson, shes not annoying and she just wants to have a good time and workout.
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have just got this, I finished Insanity nearly 3 weeks ago and went stright on to p90x but feel I need the manic cardio as im missing this from insanity. it looks fab- need to start having a look over it, dont think I'll be able to wait until p90x is finished so thinking I may need to start introducing alongside.

It sounds like the music is right up my street and i cant wait to have a go,
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it off the internet to try it. I do not have the coordination to be able to mimic the movements they make, matching upper body movements to lower body movements, so I failed hard. It looks like a decent cardio-specific program.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have just got this, I finished Insanity nearly 3 weeks ago and went stright on to p90x but feel I need the manic cardio as im missing this from insanity. it looks fab- need to start having a look over it, dont think I'll be able to wait until p90x is finished so thinking I may need to start introducing alongside.

Doing TurboFire and P90X at the same time is a recipe for disaster. It will lead to overtraining and injury.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options

Doing TurboFire and P90X at the same time is a recipe for disaster. It will lead to overtraining and injury.

There is a ChaLean X TF hybrid though. I am doing CLX right now. After that I may do the Hybrid even though I havent done TF alone yet. I have put on random workouts on my "rest" days and LOVE the HIIT workouts. I really like Chalean.
  • jeschaub
    jeschaub Posts: 1
    Options
    I just bought the starter pack... does that get you a good workout? I really want to see changes and I heard about this so just ordered the starter pack. I didn't do a lot of research on it, but heard from friends that its great!
  • becujo
    becujo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I loved Turbo Fire enough to two rounds of it within a year. It was the only program I cared enough to repeat as I try lots of different ones. I might even do it again later in 2014 since it was so fun. It'ss worth the $$ and you will enjoy it!