Chinese Slimming green tea

Options
BombolinaM
BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
Hello All. So my neighbor recommended trying a detox of chinese slimming herbal green tea for a week to clean my system out. Just wondering if anyone has tried similar teas. I have only had one cup so far. She said it makes you go a lot. I am crossing my fingers I don't leave the house and have to hurry to find a bathroom. If anyone has any info that would be awesome:)

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I would not drink much of that stuff if it has Senna in it..............

It can make your bowels, colon and intestines dependent upon it, just like you can get addicted to laxatives. That is what Senna is.

Drink regular Green Tea, it is good for weight loss and is filled with lots and lots of antioxidants
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    I have a cabinet full of that stuff that's going in the trash....the SENNA makes my stomach cramp up SO bad!!! And, it really doesn't do that much for me.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    be careful because your body can get used to it and eventually you don't be able to use the bathroom without it.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That stuff can be ok in MODERATION. I wouldnt use it for a whole week maybe a few days. I would only recommend it if you are suffering from constipation. That being said, my mom used it recently and it helped her feel less bloated, but that could be the placebo effect. She used "Smooth Move" tea which has senna.
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Speaking of the constipation issue....I was...and last night I took some Phillips Milk of Magnesia...that worked WAY better than the tea and NO cramps whatsoever!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information. I've had 2 cups with no movement yet..lol
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,919 Member
    Options
    I drink either Bigelow Green Tea with Pomegranate or Lipton Green Tea with Honey. Neither have Senna that I can find. No cramping. Kept me "somewhat" regular. Had to be careful not to eat my double fiber bread too many days in a row while drinking the tea though.