Happy with a Pic and a funny story

Options
I started 1/9/12 at 194.2 and a 12/14 I am 5'10". As of right now I am 175. My goal is around 150 lbs and a 6/8. I just want to fit in all my skinny clothes and be at a good racing weight.

So there are a couple reasons I am posting pictures before I am at my goal weight. One of them is that this picture from yesterday is one of the first pictures I have had taken recently, that I am truly happy with my progress. Didn't need a retake:happy: I am so tired of saying "Ick. I don't like it, take it again!" :laugh:

Secondly, as some of my MFP friends know, I have been hunting 2 ground hogs under our shed since I planted our garden about a week ago. I have spent countless hours sitting on the back porch, hiding behind a tree and laying in the grass, trying to get a shot at them....The cheeky devils:devil: They are so freakin' smart! Well, I was headed out for a run with my hubby last night and realized one was out again. I grabbed the Ruger and shot him out the bathroom window. So, for those of you who have a soft stomach, I blurred the bugger out.

So, I'm not sure if I am happier about how I look in the picture or just the mere fact that I got him.

BTW. I run as my form of workout. Sometimes I do tae bo or tai chi a few times a month. I mountain bike and/or hike about 1-2 times a week. I have not lost any weight in the last 8 weeks because I have been eating at maintenance (Laziness). I have lost inches and gained muscle though. I run about 100 miles a month and am trying to work on speed instead of distance right now. I am eating at a deficit as of this week and hope to loose the last 20-25 lbs by September.

Thank you friends for all your support!:heart:

DSCN45902.jpg

DSCN45482.jpg

100MEDIA36copy.jpg
exercise.png
[/url]

Replies

• britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! I am at 153 and look nothing like you. You look so much better at your weight then I do at my weight. I am 5'6
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Yay for you! You do look great, and you are quite inspirational. I'm so glad to have you on my FL! :flowerforyou:

Also, congrats on getting the ground hog!!! :laugh:
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    That recent picture of you is so so gorgeous!!!! I would love to look like that! You look so fit! That is exactly the type of body I am aiming for!!!! Oh, and good job with the ground hog LOL!
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    your 175 looks like what i'm sure 135 will look on me, in other words, phenomenal! way to go, lady :)
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Amazing on so many levels!! 1st--you look amazing 2nd--you run like a mad woman and 3rd--you shot a dam ground hog out the bathroom window!!!! You are my new hero! I am sad that the poor little ground hog had to die :cry: but so happy for you :happy:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! I hope you get the other groundhog soon and have a great garden!

I have bunnies in my garden. I'm going to try an electric fence, but I may have to resort to shooting them. I hadn't thought of doing that.
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZINGGGGGGG!! :-)
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ok,
    1) You look amazing
    2) That is super bad *kitten* that you just put that ground hog down! You are one serious cowgirl. ;)
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    That is bad *kitten* that you shot the groudhog from the bathroom window!! I love it and you look phenomal!! I am 5'10 and 175 is my goal weight (for now) I hope I look as killer as you do!!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great pic...and great smile too! You are doing great with the running...and apparently the shooting too! :drinker:
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say that the Hogs live about 15 feet away from my newly planted garden. That is the only reason why They have to go. Oh, that and the shed is sinking into the ground from their digging out the foundation underneath. I would never kill something that didn't need to be :flowerforyou:
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! I hope you get the other groundhog soon and have a great garden!

I have bunnies in my garden. I'm going to try an electric fence, but I may have to resort to shooting them. I hadn't thought of doing that.

this is really gross, but human hair keeps the bunnies out of your garden.... just in case you don't want to blast them....
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    you have made some fabulous progress since the beginning of the year! so many people start off the new year with a bang, but taper off and you never see them again. you are kicking tail and doing great! :-) way to go friend!
  • jhayes28
    jhayes28 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job!! The runs/hikes you put in are phenomenal!! Keep it up!
  • landmsmommy
    landmsmommy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! We are the same height and I am 178 I want to be as toned as you!!
  • shannong311
    shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't normally post on the boards but ......You had me at Ruger :bigsmile:

Congrats your doing a great job!! You inspire us that are at the beginning. :wink:
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    You look so AWESOME!!! Keep it up girlie!!!
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!