Sagging Belly Need Help.

Options
Hello, I need help with my sagging stomach after weight loss. I have not loss my weight fast it has been a 3 year process however I am left with a sagging belly. I have become very discouraged after visiting a doctors office not related to weight loss but the nurse noticed my weight loss from my chart, and said I look great, I told her about my stomach and showed her. She said I didn't have much fat left on my stomach and will probably need a tummy tuck:( I understand shes not an expert but she's not the only one that has said that to me. If anyone has ne success with this issue other than a tummy tuck. please let me know what I can do or what u did. B4 and after pics would also b very encouraging. I am going to take pics this weekend just in the event I am successful at getting rid of the sagging belly/loose skin. Thank you in advance to all for taking time to help me:)

Replies

• xbekkiex
    xbekkiex Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a bit of a saggy belly from having my son 2 years ago, and my guess is it's only going to get worse once I lose all this weight... I won't be getting a tummy tuck as a friend of a friend died from complications after having one (blood clot, very slim chance apparently but it scared me off from ever getting one) I'll stick with spanx to tuck it away. I've never worn a bikini or anything so just being able to be comfortable in a 1 piece bathing suit will suit me fine!

though I would be very interested in hearing if there are natural ways to reduce or completely eliminate the saggy belly!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a saggy belly from having my son 2 years ago, and my guess is it's only going to get worse once I lose all this weight... I won't be getting a tummy tuck as a friend of a friend died from complications after having one (blood clot, very slim chance apparently but it scared me off from ever getting one)

oh no ...... that's so sad .....
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem ..... this belly of mine likes it here, doesn't want to leave ...... the trainers at my gym swear Pilates can help ..... emphasis on core ....... I'm saving that as a last resort LOL
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys. Mine is really bad and I do expect that I will need the surgery but I will never be able to afford it (short of winning the lotto). I have tried everything under the sun so please someone help. I"ll be waiting for answers!
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Interested to see responses to this. I've lost 50+kg and still have another 20kg to go, but am seeing the skin sag and at my age am not confident it will spring back. My trainer has me working on abs daily and says give it a year from the time I reach goal as she has seen many women lose the sags with targetted exercise. She's changed my life and everything she has told me to do so far has worked so I will keep on working as I can't see the finances being available, and am also a bit nervous of going under the knife for cosmetic reasons.
  • xbekkiex
    xbekkiex Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a bit of a saggy belly from having my son 2 years ago, and my guess is it's only going to get worse once I lose all this weight... I won't be getting a tummy tuck as a friend of a friend died from complications after having one (blood clot, very slim chance apparently but it scared me off from ever getting one)

oh no ...... that's so sad .....

yeah this was a few years ago and she had just recently had her second baby... I never met her personally but was told that she was quite in shape and just couldn't get rid of the belly flap... I'd rather deal with the flap for the rest of my life than risk it... and I know it's a very routine procedure, and anything could happen even if you're going under just to have oral surgery, but it still scares me.
  • vickibrian14
    Options
    I also have a sag :( I've seen Dr.'s and finally had a consultation with a surgeon. There really isn't much you can do for it since most of it is streched skin from either fat or pregnancy. My first baby was over 10 lbs and I let myself go when I was pregnant also. I'm not having a full tummy tuck, I am having the bikini tuck. They don't pull your abs together or go in and shuffle your organs around. They cut very low under your sag, pull the skin down, cut again and sew you up. They will also make you a new belly button if needed. For me it's about how hard I work, how healthy I eat and I've been a runner for over 20 years. I'm just getting tired of looking at it. This surgery is also less expensive.
  • Fight2bFiT
    Fight2bFiT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    have you (or anyone else on here that wants to know what to do for sagginess) eaten SUPER clean before? and for longer than a month straight?
  • billgiersberg
    billgiersberg Posts: 163
    Options
    You might want to try a google search for "alternative to tummy tuck", etc. and see what's out there. I found this but can't say if it actually works or not.
    http://www.aima4u.com/a-20-minute-alternative-to-a-tummy-tuck/
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ...the nurse noticed my weight loss from my chart, and said I look great, I told her about my stomach and showed her. She said I didn't have much fat left on my stomach and will probably need a tummy tuck.

That's an important point for those who do still have substantial fat on their stomachs. Having tons of squishy, half filled fat cells over your abdomen weights the skin down and prevents it from drawing up to the underlying muscle, which makes any excess skin look worse than it really is. The last 12 of the 58 pounds I lost made a world of difference. At 135 pounds my belly was still so soft and flabby that I had to wear a compression garment to keep it from bouncing around when I ran. I wasn't sure I wouldn't need a tummy tuck. By the time I reached 123 pounds, my belly, while still not as flat as I would have liked, was firm and showed no signs of sagging skin below the navel unless I bent forward. Now after 7 months of maintenance, even the bent forward sag is gone and the only bounce protection I need is a good sports bra.

Obviously thinning out the subcutaneous fat won't completely fix things for everyone - if your skin is damaged, it's damaged - but don't be too pessimistic about your long term prognosis until you've lost enough subcutaneous fat to see some muscle tone. And then give your skin a reasonable amount of time to shrink before you turn to surgery.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    That's an important point for those who do still have substantial fat on their stomachs. Having tons of squishy, half filled fat cells over your abdomen weights the skin down and prevents it from drawing up to the underlying muscle, which makes any excess skin look worse than it really is. The last 12 of the 58 pounds I lost made a world of difference. At 135 pounds my belly was still so soft and flabby that I had to wear a compression garment to keep it from bouncing around when I ran. I wasn't sure I wouldn't need a tummy tuck. By the time I reached 123 pounds, my belly, while still not as flat as I would have liked, was firm and showed no signs of sagging skin below the navel unless I bent forward. Now after 7 months of maintenance, even the bent forward sag is gone and the only bounce protection I need is a good sports bra.

Obviously thinning out the subcutaneous fat won't completely fix things for everyone - if your skin is damaged, it's damaged - but don't be too pessimistic about your long term prognosis until you've lost enough subcutaneous fat to see some muscle tone. And then give your skin a reasonable amount of time to shrink before you turn to surgery.

This is great news. Thanks! I've been feeling rather bummed because even though people keep commenting and the upper abs are looking great, my lower tummy is saggier than it was before.
  • meggiemoo25
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help you but it may be worth giving it a try and might help a wee bit. My mum has recently started using a Clarins cream which has a massage technique with it. It focuses on draining excess fluid in the waist and abdomen. While it won't get rid of the saggy skin it might help drain the skin and it may not appear as saggy. It's known as 'a corset in a bottle' I have attached the link. http://www.clarins.co.uk/Super Restorative Redefining Body Care/C020301005,en_GB,pd.html?start=11&cgid=320

:-)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well after losing 300+ pounds I for one can say beyond a shadow of a doubt there is nothing and I mean nothing I can do about the loose skin around my midsection but surgery... I lost at the rate of 100 lbs. a year a modest 1 to 2 lbs. a week and exercised from the get go but once you stretch your skin out as much as I did and my age plays into it then I can tell you the only way this is going away is surgery... Matter of fact I am scheduling my consult now and am hoping to have surgery by July.... I am looking at the 360 body lift... Am I scared to death?? Heck Yes!! lol but I so didn't lose all this weight to be trapped feeling this uncomfortable everyday the rest of my life... I paid of my truck so like I have been joking lately I will just have to drive my ole pickup a few more years while my new truck payment goes to a better cause..... lol.....
  • Gorussell
    Gorussell Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you I still have about 20 more lbs to loose I will def be patient at least until I reach my goal weight
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    I would suggest Insanity/p90x to get rid of the belly fat..
  • Gorussell
    Gorussell Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you so very much to everyone that responded:) I did get a few ideas.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well after losing 300+ pounds I for one can say beyond a shadow of a doubt there is nothing and I mean nothing I can do about the loose skin around my midsection but surgery... I lost at the rate of 100 lbs. a year a modest 1 to 2 lbs. a week and exercised from the get go but once you stretch your skin out as much as I did and my age plays into it then I can tell you the only way this is going away is surgery... Matter of fact I am scheduling my consult now and am hoping to have surgery by July.... I am looking at the 360 body lift... Am I scared to death?? Heck Yes!! lol but I so didn't lose all this weight to be trapped feeling this uncomfortable everyday the rest of my life... I paid of my truck so like I have been joking lately I will just have to drive my ole pickup a few more years while my new truck payment goes to a better cause..... lol.....

Ed: you are an inspiration to a lot of people - good luck with the procedure.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi. There's a non-surgical solution to sagging skin, and the machine has a 90-day money-back guarantee (you have to take before and after pictures of targeted areas). Try the Galvanic Body Spa by Nu Skin. I was at first sceptical but my brother told me last week it really worked on him (he goes to the gym and was trying to lose weight but also needed something to get rid of the unsightly sagging skin). Use it with the Galvanic Spa™ II Body Shaping Gel to minimise and smooth the appearance of cellulite. This at-home spa treatment concentrates cellular energy to target pockets of fat and toxins for a more toned, firm appearance. Featuring theobromine and golden chamomile, this advanced treatment helps decrease fat storage and activate fat breakdown, promoting a firmer, more toned appearance. For an extension of benefits, use Dermatic Effects® Body Contouring Lotion between Galvanic Spa™ II Body Shaping Gel treatments. I have the galvanic face spa at home and I only use the attachment for the face as I am slim and so I don't use the attachment for the body. I have been using Nu Skin's beauty range for the past 6 months now and they're well worth it. Search galvanic spa on youtube or google and I think there are thousands of testimonials from people all over the world with photos on-line. Visit my website on http://www.tinareyes.nsedreams.com or email me on tinareyes.nsedreams@gmail.com if you are interested. Good luck!

Tina

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines