Do the curtains match the carpet?

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I prefer no carpet but I don't think they have to match. When I had carpet I didn't worry about if it matched the curtains, I mean not many people look at it or compare if they are looking.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    HA HA HA WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE HA HA HA I GET IT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT PUBES THIS IS HILARIOUS I LOVE IT WHEN THIS THREAD COMES UP EVERY WEEK BECAUSE IT REALLY TICKLES MY FUNNY BONE HA HA HA HOORAY I LOVE THIS PLACE HA HA HA HA HA
    You big bully! *HUMPH*

:drinker:
    SILLY DUCK HA HA HA I LOVE THIS LETS TALK ABOUT FISH TACOS NEXT HA HA HA
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking as long as you are getting invited in, complaining about the decor might be a quick invitation back out...

^This!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    HA HA HA WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE HA HA HA I GET IT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT PUBES THIS IS HILARIOUS I LOVE IT WHEN THIS THREAD COMES UP EVERY WEEK BECAUSE IT REALLY TICKLES MY FUNNY BONE HA HA HA HOORAY I LOVE THIS PLACE HA HA HA HA HA
    You big bully! *HUMPH*

Don't forget about the sausages
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me. As long as the appliances are big and black.
    What about stainless steel?

only if the appliance makes a buzzing noise!
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You big bully! *HUMPH*

Tuna tacos are tasty, but my taco tastes like sweet apple pie.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    You big bully! *HUMPH*

Tuna tacos are tasty, but my taco tastes like sweet apple pie.

sooooooooo many ways to go about that statement..... :drinker:
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm reading every post in this thread as innuendo, whether intended or no. So much more amusing. :tongue:

btw, my carpets are darker than my curtains, but the same base tone. For real, and also, for real.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I prefer hardwood flooring than carpet. I'm not much of a drapery kinda guy either, except in the formal dining room. I prefer the 2" wooded blinds on my windows.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I thought this post was about something completely different. Since you mean the PG version.. Depennds on how important it is to you.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I'm reading every post in this thread as innuendo, whether intended or no. So much more amusing. :tongue:

btw, my carpets are darker than my curtains, but the same base tone. For real, and also, for real.

:) hehe
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    honestly... cant stop laughing... this is amazing....

i find that carpet gets uncomfortable.. and i like the nice smoothness of a hard wood................... floor...

my curtains change alot.. i like variety... but my "floor" is always bare..
  • BoatReadyBody
    BoatReadyBody Posts: 376
    Options
    That is the funniest line I have ever read on mfp....
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I LIKE THE TOTAL EXTEMES EITHER COMPLETLY BARE OR REALY THICK AND BTW THERE IS NO CARPET IN MY HOUSE AT ALL
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    That is the funniest line I have ever read on mfp....

true!!!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I thought this post was about something completely different!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!! :blushing:

^^^^So did i. Dirty minds we have LOL
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Naturally red curtains (they came with the house...), and Brazilian hardwood floors.

It's how I roll.

I have an affinity for that style.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking as long as you are getting invited in, complaining about the decor might be a quick invitation back out...

Good thinking!

I think the OP presumed that you are the owner of the house (or at least think you are involved in the ownership). Would never complain about the decor, but certain things allow you to do certain things better if the decor supports it... for example, tap dancing is pretty hard to do on wall to wall thick carpeting ;)

that is the best justification yet.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No curtains just cellular blinds . Hate curtains they are always dusty.
  • NathanJ79
    NathanJ79 Posts: 36
    Options
    "Does the carpet match the drapes?" is the correct way to phrase this question. OCD and a nerd, sorry. But it makes sense. You can see the drapes (or curtains, I guess the word boils down to personal choice) from outside the house. You're inquiring about the carpet because you don't know that. To ask if the curtains match the carpet implies you have seen the carpet first. In either analogy that would be quite tricky. Although I suppose if you're asking if one has kept the curtains/drapes the same color as the carpet was when one moved in, reversing the two makes some sense. I've just always heard it the way I said, though.

I think it can be almost universally assumed that gentlemen prefer clean floors where they eat, and I am no exception. But the carpet should definitely match, if a carpet is used at all. Clean, bare floors are much more preferable; they are more conductive to dancing. But far more offensive than a carpet that doesn't match the drapes is the drapes having a trim that does not match at all. Chad Kroger from Nickelback has the ugliest house. Yellow drapes, black trim, it's just painful to look at. He should fire his interior decorator.