My new goal

Options
I've decided on a new short term goal. I'm going to be 30 in 8 weeks, so my new goal is to be down 30 by 30! I'm 20 down so far, so that just leaves 10 more to go. I haven't usually set small goals for myself in the past, but every program or site I've been on always says to. I think this is one that is a good motivator for me, so I'm trying something new. If I can stick with it, I think that 10 lbs in 8 weeks isn't too much to hope for.

I started a new class at the gym this week that is a small group and it's pretty intense. I know I'm going to be super sore tomorrow, but it's worth it. I've done this before earlier this year and had some good success with it, and now I need it again to get me back on the right track.

Keeping up with logging food really helps me too. I need to stick to doing that because it really keeps things in perspective.

So does anyone else have any success stories for short term goals like this? How do you pick new goals and what keeps you motivated to stick with it?

Vanessa

Replies

• hlawson4
    hlawson4 Posts: 14
    Options
    Good luck!!! You can do it!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    We are doing a Biggest Loser Contest at our Curves. This may sound corny, but to keep myself motivated to go to the gym every day I put a happy face sticker (shaped like a heart) on the calendar after I get home. Some days the thought of that empty space on the calendar is the only thing that gets me out of the house.
    LOL