GOOD BOOK

Options
I am reading this book called Diet Myths that Keep Us Fat. by Nancy Synderman Its by line is the 101 truths that will safve our waistline and maybe your life.

One interesting fact is that they say you loose more weight in the winter.
Talks about fat, carbs ect .

Check it out

Replies

• kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm reading the book In Defense of Food and its really good too! It explains how the "nutritional experts" have destroyed nutrition in essence.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    In a related vein, the June issue of Women's Health had a article in it about healthy eating and weight loss, and among the points they made was that women who consistently eat breakfast weight less. There were many other good points, but unfortunately, I only skimmed it before being called for my haircut. :smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I Read her interview on WOW http://www.wowowow.com/entertainment/cynthia-mcfadden-nancy-snyderman-diet-myths-interview-280660?page=0,4

*Throw out the dinner plate use a salad plate.

*Weight doesn't matter size does. Women should have a waist size 35 or less men 40 or less.

*You don't have to eliminate anything. Eat what you crave just know it counts.

*Eating after 7pm doesn't make you fat. If you look up and see you have only consumed 400 calories that day EAT!

*Don't eat low fat or no fat, eat a little of the real thing. Low fat and no fat trick you into believing you can consume more and you end up overeating.

*Your taste buds get bored after the third bite. So eat slow and savor you food. It will help you feel fuller.

* Have the dessert but only eat a fourth of it. Share it with someone else or destroy it after you had your portion (Put salad dressing in it or bread). This is for those you have trouble with their on off valve.

*Heart disease and cancer risk can be reversed by dropping a small percentage of your weight.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I like watching the Nancy Snyderman segments on the Today show--she's so practical. :happy: